****WGC St Jude****

5,014 Views | 71 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by lazuras_dc
Chipotlemonger
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Brooks 4 under through 4, tied with Bryson for the early lead.
Ervin Burrell
AG
Good opening nine for Ryan, sitting at 2 under. Champ 1 over through 6.
E
AG
Bryson now fighting with a rules official cause he saw one red ant coming out of a small hole in the rough near his ball, just wants free relief cause his tee shot was so bad
Rubble
AG
For ****s sake Bryson, just hit the ****ing ball and quit trying to make it an animal hole that you're standing on
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Imagine Arnie calling in a rules official if he saw a couple of ants around his ball.
Rubble
AG
It's an ant. I get it if it's a ****ing gopher hole, but seriously it's an ant!!
powerbelly
AG
E said:

Bryson now fighting with a rules official cause he saw one red ant coming out of a small hole in the rough near his ball, just wants free relief cause his tee shot was so bad
It is like he can't get out of his own way.

I love his approach to golf, but his personality is so off-putting.

His logo also looks like a profile of trump.

Chipotlemonger
AG
I personally hate his approach to golf.
powerbelly
AG
Chipotlemonger said:

I personally hate his approach to golf.
You hate trying something different to maximize your results? It is so much better than watching a bunch of robots play the same game around the course every week.
The Milkman
AG
I hate someone *******izing golf architecture. His approach minimizes the importance of strategy and design.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Oh I agree it's definitely entertaining. I love the meltdowns and bomb flight tracers. Just think it's not truly gonna maximize his results unless he fixes his mental approach as well.
powerbelly
AG
The Milkman said:

I hate someone *******izing golf architecture. His approach minimizes the importance of strategy and design.
How is that his fault? I don't get this complaint at all.

Dial back the ball if this is an issue. I love having at least one guy on tour willing to swing out of his shoes every drive.
powerbelly
AG
Chipotlemonger said:

Oh I agree it's definitely entertaining. I love the meltdowns and bomb flight tracers. Just think it's not truly gonna maximize his results unless he fixes his mental approach as well.
Agree.
Chipotlemonger
AG
I just got on and rewound it to watch the Bryson/Ant debacle. Holy crap.

powerbelly
AG
Chipotlemonger said:

He is the villain the PGA tour needs.
Trucker 96
Those shoes are impervious to ants.

I love watching his approach to the game. I think it's great to see someone throw the cookie cutter swing conventions that become so commonplace over the past 20 years right out the window and succeed (mostly). And the fact that he's a dbag is icing on the cake. He's great for entertainment in every way
12thmanfootball
AG
"Bingo Bango Bongo"............greatest football game in the history of football.
The Milkman
AG
powerbelly said:

The Milkman said:

How is that his fault? I don't get this complaint at all.

Dial back the ball if this is an issue. I love having at least one guy on tour willing to swing out of his shoes every drive.
I am 100% in favor of dialing back the balls and the clubs and giving the pros a completely separate set of rules than the public.

My other complaint on it is that its very simply not entertaining. Watching someone hit a drive, whether its 300 yards or 400 yards, is just not interesting. Watching them hit a wedge into every green is not entertaining. The decision that comes with mid to longer irons and the mistakes that are more likely to happen then are what make for a great golf product.
powerbelly
AG
Watching him hit a 350+ yard drive and then need four to get in from 70 yards is wildly entertaining. I understand your complaint, but it feels silly until the pga changes equipment rules.
98Ag99Grad
AG
Major next week so Koepka decided to start playing good again.
The Milkman
AG
Agreed. It's the scrambling and needing to get out of trouble that's entertaining.

Roll it all back and watch Bryson call foul.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Wouldn't be the first time he's cried foul.
CapCityAg89
AG
Chipotlemonger said:

Wouldn't be the first time he's cried foul.
The inbound/out-of-bound fiasco when he had the 10 was hilarious. That was truly entertaining...

"but, but, but, I saw a guy in the Arnold Palmer hit from behind the fence"
The Milkman
AG
Classic PGA Tour. More BS as they so misguidedly try to protect every players image. Similar to when they removed footage of Rahm throwing a tantrum last year.

Bryson doesn't want cameras on because it could catch him being an ass per usual. He once again is filmed whining and poof, the TOUR has the footage removed from its partners.

Big Cat `93
AG
That reminds me: did anyone ever find out/confirm the reason for DJ's, ahem, "leave of absence" a few years back?
Chipotlemonger
AG
Which leave of absence ? The stairs, waverunner deal, or the snow (alleged).

That is freaking ridiculous that the PGA erased that. Hopefully someone has it recorded offline. That being said, I love this tweet from JT:

Chipotlemonger
AG
You have to open up the tweet to see this all.

Big Cat `93
AG
The last one, but the point is well taken.
AledoAg86
AG
Chipotlemonger said:

That scene reminded me of something Seve would have tried to pull during the Ryder Cup matches. Too bad Paul Azinger wasn't paired with Bryson yesterday!
The Milkman
AG
Bubba had a clip of it up but it has also been removed

JCA1
AG
Good lord. DeChambeau just went full-on Ricky Bobby.

birdman
Big Cat `93 said:

That reminds me: did anyone ever find out/confirm the reason for DJ's, ahem, "leave of absence" a few years back?

Cocaine
Chipotlemonger
AG
Thank you Brooks

Rubble
AG
So awesome
Ervin Burrell
AG
Haven't been able to watch on TV. Did they start this round so much earlier than yesterday's due to weather?
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.