Costco is expanding their golf offering

3,215 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Leander - Ag
jonj101
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://golf.com/gear/wedges/costco-kirkland-wedges-usga-conforming-list/

Balls, putter, and now wedges are in the works.
khaos288
AG
Rumor is 199$ for all 3. I imagine they package with putter for 299$ total if so.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
they really need to work on their branding for these golf products (particularly those wedges). they're currently awful.
'03ag
I think they look fine but I still don't see the appeal. If you're into bargain clubs and you don't care enough about brand to game a Kirkland labeled club(yes and yes)...any number of name brand wedges can be had for $60 fairly often. Just have to look for closeouts on last years model.

$200/set just doesn't seem like a value.
Mr.Bond
AG
The sorta look like vokeys. 200 bucks for 3 Wedges is a pretty solid deal. 65 bucks a wedge
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

E
AG
khaos288 said:

Rumor is 199$ for all 3. I imagine they package with putter for 299$ total if so.
That's a good deal! I'm sure the performance of all of these are right up there with the others... only drawback is they are Costco.
Mr.Bond
AG
Their gloves are still the best deal in the golf industry
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

khaos288
AG
Mr.Bond said:

Their gloves are still the best deal in the golf industry

100%

I just ordered a ton bc I don't think we're going to re-up this year.
The Milkman
AG
'03ag said:

I think they look fine but I still don't see the appeal. If you're into bargain clubs and you don't care enough about brand to game a Kirkland labeled club(yes and yes)...any number of name brand wedges can be had for $60 fairly often. Just have to look for closeouts on last years model.

$200/set just doesn't seem like a value.
You see Vokeys and similar quality wedges at ~$60 new often? $90-100 is the cheapest I feel like I ever see anything like those
'03ag

I see Cleveland/Calaway/Taylormade in the 60-70 range fairly often. There's some Cleveland wedges on golf galaxy for $70 right now. It's not a stretch to see other major manufacturers in that range during closeout season.

I do think it's a stretch to think consumers will view these as at $200 set of Vokeys. And if you're the type to want a premium wedge are you the type to but a set of wedges that you can't pick up and swing?

Maybe they are $200 Vokeys. Nobody has touched them yet. We'll see but I think it's a tough sell.
Matsui
AG
Agreed. Is $60 and $90 that big of a difference for a golf club? I think not. But we shall see
'03ag
I think it's pretty big when you're talking about a set of 3. It's all about how people perceive the value. Who know?

To be totally fair, if I needed a set of wedges, and enough people I trusted said yeah, these are as good as anything Vokey makes, I'd 100% buy these rather than digging through clearance racks.. But I'm not the normal consumer. My irons are Snake Eyes. I don't give a rip.

I have Vokey wedges because I got a good deal on some used ones. I haven't a clue what makes them better than anything else. I like them around the greens, but frankly I don't like them on full shots. Too clicky. I have a forged 52* snake eyes that I'm about to try out instead.
powerbelly
AG
'03ag said:

I think it's pretty big when you're talking about a set of 3. It's all about how people perceive the value. Who know?

To be totally fair, if I needed a set of wedges, and enough people I trusted said yeah, these are as good as anything Vokey makes, I'd 100% buy these rather than digging through clearance racks.. But I'm not the normal consumer. My irons are Snake Eyes. I don't give a rip.

I have Vokey wedges because I got a good deal on some used ones. I haven't a clue what makes them better than anything else. I like them around the greens, but frankly I don't like them on full shots. Too clicky. I have a forged 52* snake eyes that I'm about to try out instead.
The older snake eyes irons are as good as anything out there.
'03ag
600B/C/XC combo set from the mid 2000s. I friggin love them. I'd sure like to get them refinished somehow.

I used to have some of their Python XL irons. Still have the heads somewhere. Total TM Burner 2.0 knockoffs and they were perfectly good.
ORAggieFan
Good chance these are being made by TM or Calloway. I wouldn't buy simply because lack of options on loft. They will sell though.
'03ag
Looks like these came to market at $160 for the set. Which changes the math considerably.

https://www.golfwrx.com/637692/costco-kirkland-signature-wedge-review-golfwrxers-discuss/

Interesting to see a user talking about grinding them. Something I'd love to do be able to do, but sounds like a good way to trash your clubs by mistake. And paying a pro seems like it would be cheaper to just buy from a company that already makes the grind you like.

'03ag
Tons of these, and the putter in Southlake today.

The lack of any kind of grind is a disappointment. At minimum I could use a new 52* and a 60* wouldn't hurt.

I'm likely just going to get some of the Maltby TSW wedges. $40 per head.

King moto moto
AG
Just picked up a set. Few of my peers have raved about them.
Leander - Ag
AG
Any new feedback on these or the putter? I'm on the fence
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.