Texas State Open

1,065 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Funky Winkerbean
_lefraud_
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The 50th Texas State Open is this week in Tyler at the Cascades Club. Past winners include Trevino, Burke Jr, Crenshaw, and Maggert.

Curious if anyone here has played in the past and/or followed this tournament? I know Martin Piller won this event back in 2008, and it kick-started his professional career. Looks like Jimmy Lee of the current Aggie roster is playing.
Poot
Caution... tangent:

When I was in High School, I caddied for one of our local club pros at the State open. The guy hit the ball like God but he had 40+ putts that day and shot something around 75. The guy hit all the par 5's in two and stuck 7-8 irons within 10 feet (4-5 of those within 5 feet). I bet he hit 16 greens and 4 of them below regulation. It was the most frustrating thing I'd ever seen. In my 15 year old brain, it didn't make sense how someone could be that gifted and then 3 jack from 2 feet (consistently). Fast forward 4 years when I was 18 and I got a case myself and I fully understood... talk about demoralizing.
_lefraud_
AG
I missed A&M signee Michael Heidelbaugh is in the field as well, a top recruit out of Dallas.
turfaggie24
AG
He's a good kid, I see him quite often practicing or playing on the course. Ags got a good one
_lefraud_
AG
Jimmy Lee shot -6 today, one back of the leader.
JR Ewingford
Good friend of mine has won this when it was played at Trinity Forest. He is in the hunt again this year, T7 currently.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
I beat a former champion in a club tournament. I careered and he played like caca. I was 4 under with 4 to play and proceeded to bogey 3 of them for a 70. He shot 76.
It is so easy to be wrong—and to persist in being wrong—when the costs of being wrong are paid by others.
Thomas Sowell
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.