***3M Open***

2,967 Views | 25 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Rubble
lazuras_dc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Burgoon off to a good start. He's a featured group on NBCsports.com
-3 thru 7

Bo Van Pelt in Burgoons group just aced #8
98Ag99Grad
AG
DJ didn't break 80 last week, shoots 78 today with a 9 on a par 5 and promptly WD. This after winning a few weeks ago. Golf can be so much fun.
K Bo
AG
looked at the TV and though Pat Perez was Andres Gonzales

Scar Tissue
AG
For some reason I find Matthew Wolff's voice and laugh to be annoying.
Ervin Burrell
AG
DL3 is a terrible "analyst."
bagger05
AG
Bronson finished -5 which is T9, 3 back.

Good first day of work!
bagger05
AG
-1 today. 6 back headed into the weekend.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Who are all these people on the course? Seems like every week there are more and more people just standing around.
Marauder Blue 6
AG
Chipotlemonger said:

Who are all these people on the course? Seems like every week there are more and more people just standing around.

Spouses, sponsor invited guests, etc. I've read they're expanding who's allowed in the bubble but still not the general public.
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace
Finau with the most top 10 finishes in the last 4 years without a win. He's two back after 3 days.

At what point does this stat get inside his head, or is it already there?
Ragoo
AG
Why would it get in his head? He has enough money so no pressure there. Just continue grinding and should happen.
jja79
AG
I hope DL III has laryngitis today.
Matsui
AG
It's probably already in there.
I guess because Finau is ranked 171 in final round scoring average in 2020, with a 71.64 stroke average. T102 in 2019, 31 in 2018, 24 in 2017. It would seem he's trending the wrong way. I don't disagree that he's got plenty of money, some guys just can't close. It's why I asked the question.
Ragoo
AG
How many 54-hole leads has he lost? That would weigh much heavier than being in the top 10 but never breaking thru.
birdman
Chipotlemonger said:

This course also has a neighborhood built around it. I've seen lots of people watching from their backyard.
My googlefoo can't figure that out, but I did find this:

Quote:

Held the outright 18-hole lead and a share of the 36-hole lead before finishing eighth at the Memorial Tournament presented by Nationwide. Fell to 0-for-6 in his career with the 18-hole lead/co-lead and 0-for-3 with the 36-hole lead/co-lead. Led the field in Birdies (21).

Held a one-stroke 54-hole lead at the Waste Management Phoenix Open before falling in a playoff to Webb Simpson.

BMW Championship: Played in the final grouping on Sunday at the BMW Championship and finished fourth, recording his sixth top-10 in his 16th start in the FedExCup Playoffs. Entered the week needing a solo-third or better to earn one of eight automatic spots on the United States Presidents Cup team.

World Golf Championships-HSBC Champions: In his first start of the season, held the solo 36- and 54-hole leads at the World Golf Championships-HSBC Champions before losing in a playoff to Xander Schauffele in Shanghai, China.
https://www.pgatour.com/players/player.29725.tony-finau.html

I'm not picking on him, I like the guy. If they get today's round in, this would be a great opportunity for him. He needs to beat guys like Richy Werenski and Michael Thompson every time he tees it up. As I say that, watch Schwartzel win by 3. :-|
SW AG80
AG
Don't know where Werenski is from, but his mother played golf at A&M. It was mentioned towards the end of the telecast yesterday.
Faldo looks at Schwartzel and says, "You buy a hat like that, you get a free bowl of soup, don't you?"
Unemployed
AG
SW AG80 said:

Don't know where Werenski is from, but his mother played golf at A&M. It was mentioned towards the end of the telecast yesterday.
His brother played for us.

https://12thman.com/sports/mens-golf/roster/mickey-werenski/4389
Bunk Moreland
Edit. Didn't realize that 2nd shot was a layup.

And now it should be good.
Finau finishes T3 after a 3 under 68. Pretty good round. 30 Top 10's in the last 4 years without a win. Fairway Jesus is second in that stat with 15, but he hasn't played the PGA tour full time.

Michael Thompson scratches a 7 year itch. Good for him.
bagger05
AG
Always cool to see a journeyman get a W and lock up his status.
AustinCountyAg
Great to see him get the win.

Quick story:

Several years ago at the Shell HO on a Thursday or Friday I followed Thompson for his entire round simply cause I wanted to walk a group that didn't have any big names in it so that I could get up close and enjoy the golf. Him and his caddy were awesome to me. After a few holes they noticed me and chatted it up with me on the tee box's and were handing water bottles for me out of their coolers on the tees. Super nice and very genuine and appreciative that someone was walking with them and appreciative of their game.

bagger05
AG
This is a great way to take in a tournament.
JYDog90
AG
After watching Max Homa on Strapped I've started pulling for him. He's a cool guy.
Rubble
AG
Willy Wonka said:

After watching Max Homa on Strapped I've started pulling for him. He's a cool guy.

He's a great Twitter follow if you don't already
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.