Wolfdancer G.C. (Bastrop, TX) course conditions

1,946 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by JJuarez1985
ElCheAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Howdy. Will be at Lost Pines Resort mid August. If any of y'all have played Wolfdancer recently, what were the course conditions (e.g. fairway, greens, etc.) like?
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Played late June,
Fairways were excellent greens were in great shape as well. Pro shop is open but the bar next to it wasn't. Resort is maybe 30-40% occupancy.

dcrewint
I played July first and conditions were great. There wasn't an extreme amount of traffic on the course. Like the above poster said the bar/grill within the clubhouse wasn't open. Greens were quick, rough was up(this is probably the toughest part if you miss in the wrong areas), tee boxes and fairways were what you'd imagine. e played no traps that day since I don't think rakes were out.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Yea only was in a couple traps and no rakes, I usually picked up and smoothed it out and then put my ball back down and played on. No big deal as there was no money on the line.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
Played July 4th weekend it was hot AF the greens were fast but fair.
JJuarez1985
AG
Playing it on Friday. Will report back on current conditions.
dcrewint
I'll be there again Thursday
dcrewint
Played yesterday. Rough seems to be grown up a little on a few holes. Number 3 got me. If I played it again I'd opt for a fade with the wind. Greens seemed a bit slower, but not bad. Could see the lines on the green but they rolled fair. 8/10 rating compared to earlier this summer.
ElCheAg
AG
Thanks for the update, guys!

I'll be there next Saturday.
JJuarez1985
AG
I second what dc said. Greens were slower than what they've been but rolled great. A member I know was there today and said it compares to the best it's been in. Fun round all around.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.