Rocket Mortgage Classic

4,461 Views | 45 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Bunk Moreland
ORAggieFan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Will be interesting to see what this does to change other golfers. You can not deny the results Bryson is having.
Bunk Moreland
I know he worked in off season to get stronger and gain more distance before Corona but he wasn't a full cyborg middle linebacker yet and his 3 finishes before the shutdown were 5th, 2nd and 4th.

Definitely think shorter hitters will need to get a bit longer to compete week in and out and bulk up some but I wonder how much of this new strength is also matched with him having his game incredibly dialed in at this point in his career.
Mr.Bond
AG
ORAggieFan said:

Will be interesting to see what this does to change other golfers. You can not deny the results Bryson is having.

The long term effects are what we don't know yet. On the surface what he's doing can't be healthy or sustainable long term on his body..... One would think
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

The Wizard of Oz
AG
I imagine guys who are worried about making the cut on Fridays will try this approach more frequently than the elite golfers
LHIOB
AG
Hitting it 400+ more yards than his playing partner is insane.

His drive on 18 was bonkers but why in the hell is he hitting driver? He was wild on the back, there was water 30 feet from his ball and the landing zone was maybe 20 yards at the end of the fairway. Of course he stuffs a wedge to 5 feet and makes the putt.

He may be annoying but hes entertaining and we NEED entertainment right now.
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace
He coulda hit it the water on 18 and still win by a stroke. We'll see how he does in the majors. No matter what, he's still a meat head.
bagger05
AG
Ready for some tougher setups. Cut at -5 and winner at -23, 52 players at -10 or better. Not my favorite golf to watch.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
jckrjr7
AG
The hazard was dry I believe. Kisner's ball rolled down there and he chipped to within a few feet to make his par.

This course was perfect for the bomber strategy. It will not work everywhere but I do expect to see him in the mix more often.

I also agree with Bond. At some point his body will break down. He's 26 though so it could be a few years.
Big Cat `93
AG
At least he's likely smart enough not to train like a wannabe Navy SEAL, although I figured for sure that a Stanford man would be, too.
Robert C. Christian
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

So glad 8000 fans will be at Jack's tournament in 2 weeks. I'm happy golf is at least back but tourneys like this weekend's are pretty boring and could have definitely used fans.

Finau has said he's a laid back guy but still feels the difference. He wants the juice the fans bring.

Ready for some crowd reactions and a little more pressure.

Ypu just couldn't keep your mouth shut could you? /sarcasm.
Bunk Moreland
FFS
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.