Best round ever today

2,076 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by jonj101
AustinCountyAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I finally made it into the 70's today. Shot a 74. Best up until today was a 80. I didn't miss a fairway all day and hit something like 80% greens in reg. Really made me realize how you keep it in play and limit errant tee shots you can play some good golf if you putt decent.

I made some big par save putts and had a chip in birdie which helped. Also missed a 7 foot eagle putt which was very malleable which pisses me off some.

I never would've thought my first round in the seventies would be that low. Crazy.

FWIW it was at shadowglen in manor. Course was actually playing pretty firm and fast considering all the rain as of late

Will try and not be too pissed when I shot 100+ next round lol
AggiePride07
AG
Good for you! I broke 80 for the first time this year as well! Shot a 77 and then the next day went back out and I'll be damned, shot 78!

I didn't believe when buddies told me the first time you do it you'll shoot like 75-76 and it won't be you break 80 by shooting a 79.

But yes, keeping the ball in play and getting on or having copious amounts of "near green in regulations" each round is key to the sub 80 golfer.
BigHitterDaLama
Congrats....

See you on the F GOLF thread in the next week or so.
jj9000
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

Will try and not be too pissed when I shot 100+ next round lol

...and so it begins.
AustinCountyAg
What's even more frustrating is i went double, bogey on the last two holes....

Think it gave myself the "extra push over the cliff" as Nigel would say to get my first Scotty for Father's Day. On the other hand I only had 28 putts yesterday so maybe I'll keep the odyssey in the bag a little longer.
E
AG
AggiePride07 said:

I didn't believe when buddies told me the first time you do it you'll shoot like 75-76 and it won't be you break 80 by shooting a 79.

I went 79 - 95 after I broke 80 for the first time last month... you almost caught me in the F GOLF thread
agsalaska
AG
Your right OP about driving the ball in play. Everyone makes a big deal about chipping and putting, but good position off the tee is step one in breaking 80. I can bad putt my way to a 78 but I can bad drive my way to an 85.

Congrats. And I am sure you will be resurrecting the F golf thread for us soon.
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

I made some big par save putts and had a chip in birdie which helped. Also missed a 7 foot eagle putt which was very malleable which pisses me off some.

All golfers are the same. Par saves, chip in and 7 foot eagle and you are pissed you missed a putt on your career low round.
Rubble
AG
Congrats!

I shot 41,41 on my 41st birthday yesterday. I was all sorts of mad at myself before I added it all up because I was +6 on the par 5's. Once I added it all up, I laughed at the double on 18 I made to get me to 41 on the back.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
very cool story.
Poot
Great round! Amazing how often the breakthrough happens so convincingly.

As said before, see you in the F golf thread next week.
REMARCH11
AG
Congrats, welcome to the Club!!

Now....stick a round!!
jonj101
Congrats!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.