Johnny Manziel Golf Interview

4,511 Views | 39 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Gig-Em2003
Mr.Bond
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I've listened to these guys for a while. Done some great interviews with John Daly, Charles Barkley etc.

This one is great.

Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Deluxe
AG
Listened to it earlier. Really good interview.
giddings_ag_06
AG
Cool interview. Really opened up about a lot of different topics.
JYDog90
AG
Pretty honest.
Formerly Willy Wonka
Yesterday
AG
Didn't think I could like JFF more....and then he said, "I hope the University of Texas never has another winning season."
AustinCountyAg
I watched it tonight and it was actually refreshing to hear him say that he simply enjoyed partying more than he did putting the time in to be a nfl qb. To think he was barely out of his teens in the nfl puts a lot in to perspective when you really think about it.

With his lifestyle Cleveland was a no win situation for him. He needed a veteran qb to take him under his first year
JYDog90
AG
I see he's drinking again. Hope that's not an issue and has figured it out.
Formerly Willy Wonka
agsalaska
AG
I think I'm delirious. Could have sworn I posted on this thread last night.

Cant believe that is Colt Knost. Hell of a player he was/is. Going to have to listen to more of that.
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
'03ag
I don't know that he ever really quit drinking. His rehab stint wasn't for alcohol.
Unemployed
AG
Willy Wonka said:

I see he's drinking again. Hope that's not an issue and has figured it out.
Everybody needs some White Claw in their life!
lazuras_dc
AG
This was cool, I started watching Barkley, and it looks like they have some other solid guests.
agsalaska
AG
It is interesting listening to him discuss his own destruction in Cleveland. We could all see it coming and other than the few head in the sand posters it was obvious what was happening.

He does seem like a good guy. Most of the time it is hard to tell and you just get the media portrayal but I think I have seen enough and heard enough from people that know him.

NOt my cup of tea in a lot of ways though. I still don't know who Drake is.

It would be awesome to see him compete in golf.I would say he has no chance since it is such a hard thing to make money at but you never know. Gary Woodland made the switch at 20.
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
JYDog90
AG
'03ag said:

I don't know that he ever really quit drinking. His rehab stint wasn't for alcohol.
Wasn't sure. Thanks.
Formerly Willy Wonka
E
AG
Well, Gary Woodland was a very accomplished golfer in high school and had a scholarship to Kansas before deciding to play basketball.
lazuras_dc
AG
agsalaska said:

NOt my cup of tea in a lot of ways though. I still don't know who Drake is.

Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
I was pretty hard on him when he was making his excuses. Looks like he does know now that it was him. Good to see because it seems he is happy. I also understood how he could careen out of control at that age with all that going on, I'm sure I would have been a grade A ******* at times too.

Imagine two more years of JFF? Nope, not gonna go there, he said it very well.
schwabbin
AG
Good interview. Man I wish I had enough free time for that much golf.
Mr.Bond
AG
No doubt. I'm always curious about his financial situation. I wonder with his past lifestyle and the way he lives now when does his money run out? Never? Its not like he made tens of millions in Cleveland
aggolfer
AG
Mr.Bond said:

No doubt. I'm always curious about his financial situation. I wonder with his past lifestyle and the way he lives now when does his money run out? Never? Its not like he made tens of millions in Cleveland
Was thinking about that as well. But seems he still gets $$ for doing spots or advertising. They seemed to bring up that car dealer some.
Trucker 96
I had the same questions about $$$ and supporting that lifestyle. I assume there is still a fair amount of appearance/endorsement/influencer type cash coming in these days with how easy it is to monetize celebrity status
'03ag
yeah I mean he has over 2 million instagram followers. has to be monetizing that somehow.
watty
AG
The question about A&M boosters paying well wasn't really talking about paying him when he was in college. It was referring to taking care of him right now.
Seven Costanza
AG
He's always been a great, engaging interview that knows the right things to say. With every interview, you think "wow, he's really matured. He's really turned himself around". And then he would still continue to make bad decisions.
watty
AG
No doubt that's a skill and he still has it, but the difference is that he's talking about his failures and 100% owning them. Which I would say is evidence that he actually has grown. He very well might do more stupid stuff. We are all capable of that. But he seems to have come to terms with his entire football career and has an accurate view of his own role in his success and failure.
Leander - Ag
AG
Great interview
BoDog
AG
What does he do for money? Partying, gambling, and just life aint cheap.
Mr.Bond
AG
My guess is appearance fees? Honestly no idea at this point. His brand clearly isn't what it was.
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

I Am A Critic
BoDog said:

Family money
Username checks out.
Mr.Bond
AG
I Am A Critic said:

BoDog said:

Family money
We've heard this for years.

I wonder what exactly that means. Family money like $50 million? $25 million?

Because much less than that Im not sure someone would just give hundreds of thousands of dollars a year (or more) to someone living his lifestyle......as jealous as I may be of it lol

David_Puddy
AG
Living in Scottsdale is great for golf, but bad for not partying.
jja79
AG
His dad just sells cars as a hobby. Family money allows you to live the dream.
giddings_ag_06
AG
Mr.Bond said:

I Am A Critic said:

BoDog said:

Family money
We've heard this for years.

I wonder what exactly that means. Family money like $50 million? $25 million?

Because much less than that Im not sure someone would just give hundreds of thousands of dollars a year (or more) to someone living his lifestyle......as jealous as I may be of it lol

Does it matter? It's that family's money. If it was $200k or $200 mil, does it make a difference? I know people with much less that support kids for expensive hobbies and they do it because they can. More power to them.
Gig-Em2003
AG
$100k golf matches.
_lefraud_
AG
He earned over $8 million just from the Browns, and I'm sure a couple million more in endorsements. Plus he's got revenue streams we don't even know about. Unless he's burning through 100k a month, he should be just fine for a good while.
BoDog
AG
Earned $8, but took home $4.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.