Lesssons

1,581 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Legend
cmk10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I found out a few days ago when i signed up for lessons at Kingwood a female instructor would be giving me lessons. Can anyone share any thoughts on getting lessons from females in the past? Idk if i should just request a male or just use her...
E
AG
adairtexas
If she can help you it shouldn't matter.
jonj101
All guys who give lessons aren't the same. I'm pretty sure that applies to females as well.

Research her and see the level and variety of players she has had in the past. Have a conversation with her. Get an understanding of her teaching style and how she approaches the game. Is she big on technology or not? Does she lean heavily on drills or not? Etc.

Basically, do the same thing someone would do if they were getting a new guy instructor.
cjsag94
AG
Just don't ask your wife/girlfriend!
Ezra Brooks
AG
Auorora?

She's a former A&M golfer and has been on-staff at Kingwood for a long time.

I've never had a lesson from her, but I've heard good things.
BigLeftMiss08
AG
Aurora is my teacher and I can't say enough good things about her!

She is definitely the type of coach i prefer as she focuses on my skill set and tweaks little things to shave strokes. I was able to get down to 7.8 and i attribute majority of that to her.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.
dubberage
Aurora gave me lessons about 15 years ago at Blackhorse. She was great! She was easy on the eyes too.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Last year I had 3 lessons from a female. What she had me do and how she talked about my swing really got me in a good spot. I am a much better ball striker because of it.

Let the work speak for itself is what I would say. I've got the most out of lessons when I've really been able to connect what was being communicated to my own mind and game, regardless of who was giving the lesson.
cmk10
AG
Lori is who i believe it will be.
Legend
AG
cmk10 said:

Lori is who i believe it will be.
Pics would help us with the analysis.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.