Rory/DJ vs Rickie/Wolff

5,628 Views | 83 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by adairtexas
ClassOf17
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Well that should do it

Spoke too soon. Wow
Chipotlemonger
AG
Man, I haven't been able to watch all of this, but it seems like they're playing way faster than normal. Wish the pros played this fast all the time!
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Lot of fun. Glad to have golf back.

Excited for The Match next weekend.
Mr.Bond
AG
Very entertaining event
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

PhatMack19
AG
That was pretty good TV
Pignorant
AG
Congressional got tired of having to shutdown their course for a month during the summer for Tiger's old event there.
Wildcat
AG
PhatMack19 said:

That was pretty good TV

Indeed. Although watching 2 tour pros miss a green from 120 was kind of a anticlimactic ending.

Oh well. Off to pour a bourbon and boil some shrimp.
Aegrescit medendo
cb1919
AG
I hope all the courses around me heard the broadcast saying Seminoles normal pace is 3 hours 30 minutes
Trucker 96
The beauty of being a very exclusive club with < 300 members (many non-local) and once turned down Jack Nicklaus
Poot
cb1919 said:

I hope all the courses around me heard the broadcast saying Seminoles normal pace is 3 hours 30 minutes

The self-contained nature of the course makes for very short distances from green to tee. I had heard of Seminole, but It was great to see it. It amazing to see the use of the sand dune ridges to make a coastal Florida course very dynamic.
The Milkman
AG
Bingo Bango Bongo said:

Now they ride in carts. Should have let them do that all along. Would have sped up the lull between shots so that Tirico could shut the F up a bit more

They wanted to walk to encourage the current public during regulations to walk
Trucker 96
Yes, courses like this one built in the pre-golf cart era (1929 in this case) tend to all be very good walking courses.
LHIOB
AG
That whole event was fun

First we got to see Seminole. Its nothing like I thought it was be. Damn I want to go play it. Looks amazing and I cant wait for the Walker Cup.

Love the pace. DJ was hitting his balls 10 seconds after the person before him. Badass. Wish everyone played like that.

Matt Wolff MASHES. So fun to watch. His swing is so wildass and when the dust clears the ball 350+ yards down the middle.

LOVED the closest to the pin playoff from 120. Two of the best players in the world missed the green. The #1 player in the world stuck it to win over a million dollars.

I thought Wolffs putt on 18 was going in. That was a great effort when DJ and Rory are both close to win it.

Loved this and it was so good to have golf back. Cant wait for next week!
justcallmeharry
S
I loved the course "Rule" that got mentioned. "If you're playing well, play fast. If your playing poorly, play faster."

Just an old saying or something on a wall at the course... I liked it.
adairtexas
I wasn't impressed. Guys couldn't read greens by themselves. Talking about DJ not playing for 2 months. I play 3 to 4 times a week since this crap started. If nothing else they should have been really sharp in their short game and they weren't except for Fowler. Just goes to show you how important caddies are.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.