Fowler commercials

3,071 Views | 32 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Mr.Bond
dcrewint
How long do you want to ignore this user?
He always puts out some funny stuff.

chick79
AG
Most overhyped player ever.
dcrewint
Grumpy pants
Mr.Bond
AG
chick79 said:

Point to the doll where he touched you

Out of current players he's done more for the game than just about anyone not named tiger or Phil.... And it's arguable on Phil
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Mr.Bond
AG

Another good one
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Marauder Blue 6
AG
Mr.Bond said:

chick79 said:

Out of current players he's done more for the game than just about anyone not named tiger or Phil.... And it's arguable on Phil
What exactly has he "done for the game" other than hideous orange jogging pants and high top golf shoes?
Ragoo
AG
Fowler
Ragoo
AG
chick79 said:

overhyped? He has only started about half of the events for any tour season. He doesn't have the wins but he also doesn't journeyman chase Ws either.
Mr.Bond
AG
Marauder Blue 6 said:

Mr.Bond said:

chick79 said:

What exactly has he "done for the game" other than hideous orange jogging pants and high top golf shoes?

Grown the game tremendously for young people. Go to any tournament and tell me what you see young kids wearing. It's rickies puma stuff. He's a great guy and ambassador globally for the game. Don't let the facts get in the way of your feelings

AggieEyes
AG
I like Fowler but we need less of him and more of Allison
Obi Wan Ginobili
Rickie has won $38+ million and is only 31. Phil didn't win his first major until he was 34.

Also, his wife. DAMN.
BarryProfit
I like Rickie but it does feel like he's underachieved, from a purely golf perspective , heretofore.

I'm pulling for him.
JYDog90
AG
How did Matt Wolff get in on this deal?

I get that he's a OSU poke but what gives?
Formerly Willy Wonka
E
AG
I think it's because he's the next biggest named Taylormade staffer that is quarantined in the US. I believe Jason Day and Rahm are out of US.

Wolffs funky swing will also help get eyeballs watching it today.
LHIOB
AG
Willy Wonka said:

Hes Taylor Made and Id also guess hes a Florida guy.
Rubble
AG
Willy Wonka said:

It's interesting for sure. The only thing TaylorMade Rickie uses is the ball. I would imagine they tried to get Tiger, but he already had The Match 2 in the works.

I think they went for guys who live in Florida close to Seminole that use at least one piece of TM that most will know.
TexAgs1992
Willy Wonka said:

Wolff is a very good player too. Glad he's getting this sort of exposure. He'll have a very promising career.
98Ag99Grad
AG
BarryProfit said:

I like Rickie but it does feel like he's underachieved, from a purely golf perspective , heretofore.

I'm pulling for him.

Agree with this. Seems like a great guy both on and off the course. Always thought he lacked that killer instinct alot of the really great have.
jj9000
AG
98Ag99Grad said:

BarryProfit said:

I'm pulling for him.

Agree with this. Seems like a great guy both on and off the course. Always thought he lacked that killer instinct alot of the really great have.

The opposite of lacking a killer instinct.

He's always played really really agressively, to the point in which he's overplayed his hand a few times and lost Tournaments b/c of aggressive play. Aggressive play goes back to his Walker Cup days.

I remember watching a clip of him at Bay Hill, and Arnie supposedly pulling him aside after the round to talk to him. Fowler was upset b/c he knew he could hit that shot. Kind of like a Roy McAvoy moment.

His aggressiveness is what won him the Players. It takes cojones to go right of the #17 pin, in a playoff, and pull off the shot for the win.

I also read a piece in which Butch Harmon pulled him aside and asked him whether he wanted to be elite on Tour, or, a social media/marketing star b/c it's almost impossible to be both. We're seeing the path he is choosing.
Mr.Bond
AG
This is pretty fair and accurate. I think he's made far more off the course than he ever would have on it, financially speaking

Trucker 96
Tons of major top 10s, so he'll get his eventually. That said, over the past few years, I do get the sense that he's pressing a little bit in majors now. Maybe feeling the monkey on his back.
Mr.Bond
AG
Bingo Bango Bongo said:

Tons of major top 10s, so he'll get his eventually. That said, over the past few years, I do get the sense that he's pressing a little bit in majors now. Maybe feeling the monkey on his back.

Definitely got that Phil vibe. I think if/once rickie gets his it might be his only. If it were 2005 era he'd likely get a few more after his first but the fields are so incredibly deep now. Number of great golfers in today's game I think are likely to end with just one. Day and Woodland for starters. JT I'm not sure about

Trucker 96
I think so too. I think he'll log 1-2 overall. Would be surprised at more than that. The monkey was definitely on Phil's back, but at the same time, his major record leading up to finally breaking through was pretty incredible, particularly the Masters. His 5 year run leading up to his first win was 6th, 7th, 3rd, 3rd, 3rd. In the 9 years leading up, he only finished worse than 7th twice, including four 3rd places. His breakthrough and winning multiple was pretty much inevitable. Rickie's got quite a few nice finishes in majors and I definitely sense the monkey-on-the-back pressing vibe now. But Phil was in "how in the world has this not happened yet?" territory where it really seemed like getting that first one would open up a decent run of multiple, which it did.
Ag_07
AG
One thing I like about Rickie and other guys like JT is their joy for other players and history of the game.

They always hang around if one of their guys is in it and they're right there on 18 when they win.

They're also appreciative of the history of the game and go out of their way to honor the greats when they can. I remember when Arnie was doing his last Masters tee shot off #1 and Rickie and JT and a handful of others were there early the day of Round 1 to stand and watch. Not everyone was (and that's a damn shame) but they were.

Wins or not Rickie is a damn good dude and has done an incredible amount to grow this game.
agsalaska
AG
Mr.Bond said:

Bingo Bango Bongo said:

Definitely got that Phil vibe. I think if/once rickie gets his it might be his only. If it were 2005 era he'd likely get a few more after his first but the fields are so incredibly deep now. Number of great golfers in today's game I think are likely to end with just one. Day and Woodland for starters. JT I'm not sure about
And Dustin Johnson. And Sergio. And Stenson
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
Mr.Bond
AG
I agree in all three of those as well DJ is really the only one with any chance out of those three. And honestly his lack of Drive (not his driver lol) is what's cost him more majors

Buck Compton
AG
Mr.Bond said:

This is pretty fair and accurate. I think he's made far more off the course than he ever would have on it, financially speaking
You know even a single win or major top 10 pays more than one of his annual sponsorships does, right? He's made WAAAAY more on the course than off.
Mr.Bond
AG

This is a few years old but taylormade absolutely pays him more than titleist did. Plus he's the face of Farmers Insurance and Rocket Mortgage among multiple others

Mr.Bond
AG
Buck Compton said:

Mr.Bond said:

You know even a single win or major top 10 pays more than one of his annual sponsorships does, right? .

I don't believe this to be true at all

Mr.Bond
AG
Feel free to apologize anytime

ElCheAg
AG
Dickie done alright. I enjoy his go for broke attitude on the course.
Mr.Bond
AG

jonj101
There are three things one should never challenge Bond on:

1) The awesomeness of Rickie Fowler
2) Football rules
3) His personal passion for Baylor University
Mr.Bond
AG
jonj101 said:

There are three things one should never challenge Bond on:

1) The awesomeness of Rickie Fowler
2) Football rules
3) His personal passion for Baylor University

I admit I chuckled lol...... **** baylol

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.