Lost my rangefinder :(

1,400 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by schwabbin
rononeill
How long do you want to ignore this user?
It was a Callaway. Don't really want to drop another $200. Any recs for something cheaper? Looks like there are a few on amazon closer to $100, but have never heard of the brands.
schwabbin
AG
You should play a round without it and see how you do. I was surprised when mine was out of commission that I played better. It had me going at the middle of the green more often than I usually do.

I have a cheap Tec Tec from Amazon and it gives me a distance so I'm happy with it.
Duckhook
AG
MG Golf always has an inexpensive one.
AustinCountyAg
I don't have any recs but I want to comment to not discount the quality of the cheaper one's. My current rangefinder is a knock off that I got free at a tournament that an insurance copy stamped their logo on. When I compare it to distances that buddies have using their expensive bushnells are yardages are usually the same maybe a yard difference at times.
Shelton98
AG
I bought a Halo from Walmart for $100. Works fine.
DeBoss
AG
Caddytek from Costco has been great. I'm playing much better having one. I also got the magnetic strip that can attach to a club or the golf cart during the round
- If you are going to do something stupid, be smart about it.
lazuras_dc
AG
I got a Wosports on amazon for less than $100 and it's been spot in. Can't recommend it enough.

https://www.amazon.com/WOSPORTS-Rangefinder-Vibration-Distance-Measurement/dp/B07MZMNPTP
213 Grove
AG
The white GoGoGo on Amazon was like $90 and performs extremely well in my opinion since I have gotten it
Rubble
AG
I still use my Garmin Approach G10 (got as a gift from work) that clips on my belt. Works just fine for what I need. I've found that when playing with someone who uses a range finder, the only time they come out are on par 3's.
rononeill
rononeill
Thanks guys!
Trinity Ag
S
schwabbin said:

You should play a round without it and see how you do. I was surprised when mine was out of commission that I played better. It had me going at the middle of the green more often than I usually do.

I have a cheap Tec Tec from Amazon and it gives me a distance so I'm happy with it.
Do your flags have reflectors? Maybe the Tec Tec works better with them, or I just got a weak one.

I tried the Tec Tec and it was terrible -- couldn't get a consistent range over 150. It would generally return the back ground. And it was useless shooting at the ground to measure bunker bunker carries, etc,

I returned it after a few rounds and got an open box Bushnell V4. They are $250 on Amazon, which isn't cheap.

But mine has been awesome, and worth the premium
1208HawkTree
AG
rononeill said:

It was a Callaway. Don't really want to drop another $200. Any recs for something cheaper? Looks like there are a few on amazon closer to $100, but have never heard of the brands.

I have a Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt (no slope) I can sell you. I've been wanting to get one with slope. This one works just fine. Email me aghoover98
a+ y@#00 d0+ c0mm
JYDog90
AG
I wish you had posted this before I bought the $80 one from Amazon.
Formerly Willy Wonka
schwabbin
AG
Trinity Ag said:

schwabbin said:

Do your flags have reflectors? Maybe the Tec Tec works better with them, or I just got a weak one.

I tried the Tec Tec and it was terrible -- couldn't get a consistent range over 150. It would generally return the back ground. And it was useless shooting at the ground to measure bunker bunker carries, etc,

I returned it after a few rounds and got an open box Bushnell V4. They are $250 on Amazon, which isn't cheap.

But mine has been awesome, and worth the premium

I do have that issue on long distances with the Tec Tec but usually just takes a few seconds to hit the flag. Now if it's super windy and the flag is whipping from 200, it may not hit it at all. But in those conditions at that distance I'm probably not hitting it close anyways.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.