Houston Practice Facility

1,646 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by stick93
Big Shoulders
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I posted on this board last fall about moving to Houston from Chicago, and splitting time between the two cities on a seasonal basis going forward. I was looking for a club to join in Houston to compliment my Chicago club. I received a lot of good feedback and I am thankful for that.

However, a few things managed to get in the way of me actually joining a club in Houston this winter, so now as I prepare to head back to Chicago, I find myself without having played any golf since November. My original plan had me going back to Chicago yesterday. Now, I am expecting to be here in Houston for another 45 days or so.

With my return to Chicago on the horizon, as well as the current social environment, I am thinking I should wait until this fall/winter to get serious about a club in Houston. However, I would like to find a place that I can practice for the next 6 weeks or so. I would prefer to pay a monthly fee for access or something like that rather than paying for balls by the bucket. A good short game area would also be welcome.

I am currently living in the Galleria area. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
ElCheAg
AG
Don't know if they offer practice area memberships, but wouldn't hurt to contact them and ask:

https://www.wildcatgolfclub.com/

They have a good driving range and chipping/putting area. And not too far from the Galleria area.
Ezra Brooks
AG
ElCheAg said:

Don't know if they offer practice area memberships, but wouldn't hurt to contact them and ask:

https://www.wildcatgolfclub.com/

They have a good driving range and chipping/putting area. And not too far from the Galleria area.
They had a range program 15 years or so ago - I took pretty good advantage of it and beat a lot of balls out there.
Ag_07
AG
Not really close (but terribly too far either) to the Galleria but Jersey Meadows have a decent range, pitch area, and putting green.
Big Shoulders
Thanks. I will check out both of those.

I remember playing Jersey Meadows in the late '80s, early 90's. We always walked and carried because we were young and poor. I remember on about the 15th or 16th tee, there was a bank adjacent with a thermometer in the asphalt parking lot that typically read about 110 degrees. Made those last three or four holes seem even longer and hotter.
jf8
Marti Golf Center is not too far from the galleria area.
Big Shoulders
Marti Golf seems to be what I am looking for, or close enough anyway. Thank you.
pudge
Marti is a good place to go hit. Folks there are nice too.
Big Shoulders
Yep. Been there a couple of times now. Nice people.
stick93
AG
Houston CC is what you are looking for in that area.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.