New Kirkland Putter

3,279 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by investorAg83
investorAg83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
$139 and then $35 for additional weights...not bad. Curious to hear how it feels.

http://www.golfwrx.com/607310/golfwrx-exclusive-the-story-behind-the-new-costco-ks1-putter/
jonj101
Interested as well, although the classic blade doesn't fit my eye/feel.

Costco has constantly shown though that it can produce good quality products with its Kirkland brand.
AggieDruggist89
AG
But who is the manufacturer?
Unemployed
AG
You have to buy as a set and not just a single putter, right?
investorAg83
AG
No...the putter is 140 and if you want to add diff weights you can.
TMan86
AG
Stopped reading when it said it was made in China.
Austintm
Looks like they are trying to do a Scotty Cameron Newport 2 knockoff
jj9000
AG
I really think Costco has priced this putter too high, from the jump.

People can go out to sites like Callaway Pre-Owned and get a like-new Cally putter for less $$ than this Costco putter.

Also, Joe 6-pack isn't going to want to spend $135 on a putter. The putter is the most personal club in the bag, and I don't think folks willing to spend $$ on a putter are going to want Kirkland stamped all over it.

Cameron/Bettinardi/Lamb/Piretti...etc sell putters to folks that want to putt with a status symbol as much as they want functionality.

We'll see how this thing sells. My advice for the board is just to wait until I sell mine...that I've carpet rolled once...for $50.
Marauder Blue 6
AG
Austintm said:

So a knockoff of a knockoff of the Ping Anser.
'03ag
Agree. I'd never pay $140 for any putter. Or any club save driver

Seems like you could regularly find a good name
brand putter on sale for that.

I'd be in for maybe $70.
Rubble
AG
I'm good. I love my odyssey o works and I'm not buying **** from China.
AggieDruggist89
AG
Marauder Blue 6 said:

Austintm said:

So a knockoff of a knockoff of the Ping Anser.

It really is.... How can Odyssey, Scotty.. And every putter mamufacturers blatantly copy Ping Designs and charge more?

I will never own a Scotty and I will continue to use my old Ping Putters I can easily find for $20 to $40 used,
Leander - Ag
AG
Agree - price too high
The Milkman
AG
I like the look and based on how good and we'll ripped off the balls were I bet the putter is too. However $140 is just too high. Under $100 and I would prob buy it new. I'll wait til I can get one used.

That being said I would really like one. My friends like to make fun of me for my KSig balls so if I could lean into it a little more with the putter too that'd be great
Trucker 96
yeah, it's made in China because China ripped off the IP from Titleist or someone. I'd agree with the rest that $140 is steep, but I bet at $99 they'd sell a ton.
Yesterday
AG
**** China
schwabbin
AG
The Milkman said:

I like the look and based on how good and we'll ripped off the balls were I bet the putter is too. However $140 is just too high. Under $100 and I would prob buy it new. I'll wait til I can get one used.

That being said I would really like one. My friends like to make fun of me for my KSig balls so if I could lean into it a little more with the putter too that'd be great

Passive aggressive golf
jonj101
Checked today after I saw Rick Shiels vid about it - putter is sold out. They even had a limit of 2 per member on them.

t - cam
AG
It's very ugly. That would need rough for me to get over. Looks like something that would come in a full set, complete with bag.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Yeah, they overdid the Kirkland Signature branding. Just shrinking it and going with black would have looked much better
investorAg83
AG
It could look like a big dick and I'd still use it if it meant I could putt consistently.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.