2K21!

9,129 Views | 89 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by schwabbin
dcrewint
How long do you want to ignore this user?
PGA2K21 coming out! Sorry, gamer nerd in me just geeked out....
dcrewint
PGA2K21
Texas Ag 15
AG
This may be enough for me to actually start playing Xbox again, which means i probably should get a new Xbox (still rocking the original Xbox One).
Ervin Burrell
AG
Please God have more than like 6 TPC courses and that's it. I would kill someone for a game that completely mimicked the PGA Tour season, complete with courses and real players. If they allow for user-generated courses ala TGC this could perhaps be accomplished.
jonj101
I still play Golf Club 2019. I wonder how it will compare.
dcrewint
I've been thinking of purchasing TGC2019 for some time now. I would hope they have course building and/or most tour golf courses. If not, I'll probably just buy TGC19
The Lost
Ervin Burrell said:

Please God have more than like 6 TPC courses and that's it. I would kill someone for a game that completely mimicked the PGA Tour season, complete with courses and real players. If they allow for user-generated courses ala TGC this could perhaps be accomplished.

Yeah, that's definitely what killed the tiger woods/Rory one that came out. You can't go from 30+ courses on ps3 to a handful on the ps4/etc. it was brutal. I'd buy a ps5/new Xbox just for this with a good amount of full courses.
Texas Ag 15
AG
I think i read somewhere that the creators of The Golf Club are involved with this in some fashion? If so, maybe we will get similar creative rights
Leander - Ag
ClassOf17
Texas Ag 15 said:

I think i read somewhere that the creators of The Golf Club are involved with this in some fashion? If so, maybe we will get similar creative rights

I think the golf club is now PGA 2k21. All of their social pages redirect to this.

Anyone know a release date?
The Milkman
AG
Does The Golf Club have a good number of actual courses on it? The last golf game I bought was Tiger 2012 bc it had Augusta
Ervin Burrell
AG
The Milkman said:

Does The Golf Club have a good number of actual courses on it? The last golf game I bought was Tiger 2012 bc it had Augusta
There are a ton, because there's a course builder feature that allows people to build and publish courses. Many of them are accurate and stunning. The ones that come with the game are just 6 TPC courses and around 20 made up courses - these are what make up the PGA Tour "season" that comes with the game. That, plus a lack of real players, are my biggest beefs with the game. There's an online community called TGC Tours that is pretty cool though.
dcrewint
A few more details on this site to confirm what was said about HB studios and expected pro players. Details of release date and platforms are still hush but I'm hoping it's on all platforms so I don't have to buy anything new.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.golfdigest.com/story/golf-2k-is-coming-preview-released-for-new-video-game-more-details-to-follow/amp
hph6203
AG

https://www.polygon.com/2020/5/14/21257709/pga-tour-2k21-release-date-trailer-ps4-xbox-one-pc-switch-stadia-cover-athlete

• August 21st Release Date
  • All current platforms (Xbox, PlayStation, Switch, PC, Stadia)
  • 15 Courses
  • 11 Pros to play as

Gonna be a process for them to build up to something similar to the old Tiger Woods games. Maybe they'll release courses as DLC.
The Milkman
AG
Why do the graphics look like N64?
hph6203
AG
So they can run the game on the Switch without adding a ton of development cost and time.
Ervin Burrell
AG
Is that Cameron Champ at the 18 second mark?
Obi Wan Ginobili
Valero Texas Open making an appearance lolzzzzz
dcrewint
Looks like all platforms including PC if that's what STEAM icon represents. Pretty neat to have the online feature with 4 man scrambles.
dcrewint
What would you say is a better platform to use out of the 2 (I don't feel like buying a new platform). PC(Steam) or Switch?
The Lost
The best part of the video, is while the song does say swing, totally does not fit the demo, unless the demo is only drunk frat bros.

List of courses from one site:

Kind of disappointing only 11 pga guys that you can only play against. Does EA still some rights to courses or something? It blows my mind it's so hard to get the licensing to something that isn't tpc.

I'm glad a golf game is coming back, but if there isn't a cool user created section which it looked like could be possible, then i'll probably be out of game one until they can get more courses/players.
The Lost
Quote:

The game is developed by HB Studios, the same developer as The Golf Club, which has existed as the go-to golf video game of recent years, following EA Sports dominant run during the 2000s with Tiger Woods PGA Tour. PGA Tour 2K21 will incorporate The Golf Club's expansive course design function, which has led to thousands of courses designed online by gamers in past years.
https://golf.com/news/justin-thomas-cover-star-pga-tour-2k21/

Ok i might be on board with this.
Leander - Ag
AG
This game looks meh. Just get the golf club.
hph6203
AG
Leander - Ag said:

The Golf Club looks every bit as meh as this.
grego
AG
Disappointing in the same tired list of generic TPC courses. Wish they would go back to the list from the last Tiger cover year.
The Milkman
AG
Minus Riv, that is pretty much the worst list of courses on tour. Really awful
Ervin Burrell
AG
The Milkman said:

Minus Riv, that is pretty much the worst list of courses on tour. Really awful
Agree, though there appear to be three that online sleuths can't figure out.

Apparently the game has 15 real life courses.

The 6 TPC courses from TGC 19, plus TPC San Antonio, TPC Twin Cities, TPC Louisiana, Riviera, East Lake and Copperhead makes 12. Wonder what the other three are, though I wouldn't suspect they'd be "cool" tour stops or else we'd have seen them in the trailer.

That being said, if the course designer is back with its entire library it's not a huge deal.
Bunk Moreland
There will be more courses added than what was released.

The graphics on the trailer look like that because my guess is it was very early in the dev process to just get the video out.

For anyone who plays TGC2019, graphics are great. There are some major improvements they need to make, including alternating and being able to watch your opponents hit the ball when playing multiplayer vs just seeing the ball flying through the air.

I still play 4-5 rounds of TGC every week on average. Very excited about this release. It's not everything we want but it's a start. Gotta get 2k21 out with 11 players and 15 courses so we can have 50 players and 30 courses by 2k23...
Ervin Burrell
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

There will be more courses added than what was released.

The graphics on the trailer look like that because my guess is it was very early in the dev process to just get the video out.

For anyone who plays TGC2019, graphics are great. There are some major improvements they need to make, including alternating and being able to watch your opponents hit the ball when playing multiplayer vs just seeing the ball flying through the air.

I still play 4-5 rounds of TGC every week on average. Very excited about this release. It's not everything we want but it's a start. Gotta get 2k21 out with 11 players and 15 courses so we can have 50 players and 30 courses by 2k23...

There's a way to do this when you're playing a ghost - select "show turn" (or something like that) in options before teeing off.
Bunk Moreland
Wow I need to try this next time. Can you still hit whenever you want or does it force taking turns?
Ervin Burrell
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

Wow I need to try this next time. Can you still hit whenever you want or does it force taking turns?

I believe it forces turns with honors and then whoever is away after that.
PJYoung
AG
grego said:

Disappointing in the same tired list of generic TPC courses. Wish they would go back to the list from the last Tiger cover year.

You guys are missing the point. There are literally thousands of player made courses and hundreds of them are stunning. I have played golf sims since the early 1980s and this one is amazing. Easily the best golf game I've ever played.

They use lidar scans so the courses are extremely accurate.

I play on the tgc league and the level of skill is ridiculous. It took me a few weeks just to get my swing rhythm decent enough to compete on their ladder system. Now I just play in their once a week tournament and I'm barely hanging on in the B league. Theres something like 11 or 12 tours on there grouped by skill.

The Augusta course we played this spring was truly stunning. They even had the par 3 tournament.

https://www.tgctours.com/

mazag08
AG
hph6203 said:

Leander - Ag said:

The Golf Club looks every bit as meh as this.

Look who very obviously has never played it.

TGC19 is the best golf game ever released to date. This one should be even better.

If you're looking for Tiger Woods style powerups and mid air side spin, go ahead and keep playing Tiger. TGC is as real as it gets for a sports game. There are times it can be just as frustrating as real life, especially when competing in weekly tournaments against a ton of really amazing players.
hph6203
AG
It was a joke. Because this is The Golf Club with a new name.
mazag08
AG
What is sarcasm?
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.