What's your golf @ home setup?

4,314 Views | 37 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Trucker 96
Trucker 96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I have one, and yes, you can break it down and transport in the bag it comes with. But it would be a bit of a pain in the ass compared to ones that fold up because there are probably about 17-20 metal posts that connect. But they are color coded and connect easy which makes it straightforward. One aspect I like about it is that you can leave it assembled but gather the net on the top post easily. My mat is setup is on my patio and then I just drag the net in front of it when I want to use it.
AggieDruggist89
AG
b_rad said:

Does anyone have one of those "The Net Return Home Series Multi-Sport Golf Net"? Looks like it was one of the top golf hitting nets in 2020 (I know, I know...it's the internet), and Amazon has it out of stock right now. So maybe that means something.

I do appreciate building your own, but thought that this would be simpler, and it looks like you can bag it up and take it where ever.

Also, what sort of hitting mat do y'all have, and are you happy with it?

Thanks

https://5stargolfmats.com/

I bought a 6x5 commercial mat for $188 shipped. It was on sale.
Trucker 96
I dropped the dough on Fiberbuilt. More $$$, but I avoid standard driving range mats because (1) I don't think the feedback is realistic (fat shots bounce the clubhead into the ball and don't punish the shot) and (2) my elbows are feeling it the next day after 1 bucket on a regular range mat. The hitting surface strip of the Fiberbuilt had the reputation of punishing fat shots but also being very easy on the body, which is why I bought it. And I've found that to be 100% the case. It will resist and eat up a fat shot vs allowing your clubhead to bounce into the ball. And it isn't painful to hit from. The thing is also basically wear-out proof. Something like 300k shots.

Here's a 4x5 for $495. You can also drop $900 for a 4x7, but IMO, the 4x5 is plenty adequate.

Trucker 96
It's been interesting to see how COVID is driving the home golf setup. I got my Skytrak in early March when they were $300 off everywhere ($1695 vs $1995). Just a few weeks later the price is back up to $1995 everywhere and they are backordered until May
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.