What's your golf @ home setup?

4,335 Views | 37 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Trucker 96
schwabbin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
With everyone stuck at home and courses closing, what does your home setup look like?

I've got a putting mat in the home office and chipping net in the backyard. But I'm quickly learning that's not going to get me through this.
E
AG

My dog is a bad putting coach... all he does is bark orders
aggietony2010
AG
I've been eyeing a Mevo+ and a backyard net. I don't even play anymore, but have wanted to get back into it, and with 3 kids, I figure a sim is best to get my ball striking back.

Maybe I can use my Obama Trump bucks to buy one.
Braxton.Sherrill
AG
Skytrak with The Golf Club 2019, just wish it had some type of real club data.

AggieDruggist89
AG
here's mine
Rubble
AG
I'll be honest, my golf game is the last thing I'm worried about right now. I'm trying to balance working at home at the same time as parenting and making sure my kids are doing some sort of learning.

Golf can wait for me. It's just not important to me right now. Don't get me wrong, I love golf, but it will still be there when we climb out of this mess.
AggieDruggist89
AG
I'm worried about my game. Visiting DFW played my brother at Buffalo Creek.

He shot a smooth 71 to my messed up 81.

I never knew Bermuda greens were this difficult.
Rubble
AG
Haha. When did you play? We've had over 4" of rain in the last several days. Most courses have to be unplayable...
jonj101
I just ordered a net off of Amazon an hour ago. Won't arrive until next week though.
AggieDruggist89
AG
Yesterday. Yes the course is drenched. But I'm working on making better contact with the ball and it seems to work.

I'm taking an overnight trip to Fresno and will be playing my old sip buddies on Friday at Preston Trails if not closed.
Rubble
AG
So, you're saying that hitting off a sponge is working
Sooper Jeenyus
AG
Youngest little Jeenyus got Gator Golf for Christmas...but she cheats.

Aside from that, I can hit lobs and short pitches into the pool. That's all I got.
AggieDruggist89
AG
Yes!!

As long as you don't hit the sponge first!
DeBoss
AG
Getting a full turf backyard with a putting green put in as we speak. Hoping my 6 year old becomes the greatest putter to ever live because of this. Going to hang up the net for both golf and baseball also, should be fun.
schwabbin
AG
AggieDruggist is currently winning.
AggieDruggist89
AG
AggieDruggist89
AG
E said:

You need more putters
E
AG
I'm bad with one putter, why would I want multiple
1990AG
AG
Just put in the Birdie Balls 4X12. 3 holes 10-11 stimp.

so far so good

Trucker 96
Just dropped a chunk on skytrak, a fiberbuilt mat, and a net.
DeBoss
AG
What's your favorite mat to hit on? Anyone us Motivo mats?
Ag81Golf
schwabbin said:

AggieDruggist is currently winning.

He has nothing compared to M F Barnes!
KBAGOLFER
Sports net and pro turf in garage with 50 refurbished Callaway Balls. I hit pretty much every day. My wife hits 3x a week
K Bo
AG
Perfect Practice putting mat inside and have a 3'x5' Amazon hitting mat arriving this week to use to chip to various targets in my backyard.
TX_Aggie37
AG
E said:

Somebody educate me... All of the putting mats like this that I have seen have the incline up to the hole. Why is that? I understand that you can't have an actual hole if it's flush with the ground, but I feel like the incline would train the mind to hit putts too firm, no? Or is the idea to always hit putts a little long so as not to leave them short?
E
AG
TX_Aggie37 said:

E said:

Somebody educate me... All of the putting mats like this that I have seen have the incline up to the hole. Why is that? I understand that you can't have an actual hole if it's flush with the ground, but I feel like the incline would train the mind to hit putts too firm, no? Or is the idea to always hit putts a little long so as not to leave them short?
I believe its two things; 1. so that the ball can be returned to you for ease (physics) and 2. so you can putt at correct speeds and not leave short.

Although, I had to put my mat up as the last few rounds i've played in last week, i've been hammering my putts past the hole on short putts. This mat is like astroturf and very slow compared to actual greens. The Perfect Practice one looks more like felt and probably works better.
gravy97
AG
My office set up is a BigMoss putting green with an alignment mirror. For added laziness, I added a ball return.
Live Action Video here.

DeBoss
AG
What putter is that? Looking for that style
gravy97
AG
Its a Bettinardi Studio Stock #6. I love it. It feels amazingly solid!
1990AG
AG
I don't know if its the mat, or the fact that I have put in more putting practice since I got it, but I've been putting significantly better since I got the mat. Speed is right on where our Bent grass greens are right now.

AggieDruggist89
AG
Bingo Bango Bongo said:

Just dropped a chunk on skytrak, a fiberbuilt mat, and a net.

You won't regret Skytrak purchase. Worth every penny.
AggieDruggist89
AG
DeBoss said:

What putter is that? Looking for that style

Thats an old Wilson 8802 design. Most older pros used that design including Jack, Arnie... Crenshaw and today by Phil.

Serious toe hang blade. I love em. Just can't putt with it
JYDog90
AG
I had an Arnold Palmer Wilson 8802 and I lost it (well, I snapped it, then lost the head). I wish I still had it.
b_rad
AG
Does anyone have one of those "The Net Return Home Series Multi-Sport Golf Net"? Looks like it was one of the top golf hitting nets in 2020 (I know, I know...it's the internet), and Amazon has it out of stock right now. So maybe that means something.

I do appreciate building your own, but thought that this would be simpler, and it looks like you can bag it up and take it where ever.

Also, what sort of hitting mat do y'all have, and are you happy with it?

Thanks
AustinCountyAg
I have this and a turf mat. It's a good easy set up. https://www.amazon.com/Rukket-Orginal-Practice-Backyard-Training/dp/B0087AM3EQ
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.