Any private clubs closing?

49,969 Views | 451 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by lazuras_dc
Legend
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
In light of Austin closing the public courses, I wonder if private clubs are shutting down. I know at least 2 people got Corona at Brookhaven in Dallas (tennis, not golf) but what are clubs doing? I guess the buffet is closing probably. Do they keep the course open but shut the restaurant and fitness center?

What are you hearing?

WestTexAG
AG
We (San Angelo CC) closed the buffet, and are considering making the restaurant take out only. The course is staying open, and I seriously doubt we close it unless the state calls for full on quarantine. I've been told Greentree CC in Midland and Odessa CC are both closing their clubhouses effective Tuesday, but don't know that for a fact.
560ti
Good luck getting clubcorp to shut down. Brookhaven sent an email to all there members saying we cleaned the tennis courts come on back and spend some money(lol).

Really the only courses I could see getting completely shut down are those that are city funded. Most cities have pretty much shut down shop for everything (rec center programming, schools, public events, performance hall, courts).

Ultra exclusive clubs will either stay open or close but you'll never hear about it closing because their invite only and don't actively give updates/promote
Turf.Ag13
AG
A number of Dallas private clubs are closed/closing
Westicles
AG
WestTexAG said:

We (San Angelo CC) closed the buffet, and are considering making the restaurant take out only. The course is staying open, and I seriously doubt we close it unless the state calls for full on quarantine. I've been told Greentree CC in Midland and Odessa CC are both closing their clubhouses effective Tuesday, but don't know that for a fact.
Green tree just closed everything, including course until at least 3/31. I agree 100% with the club but the course?? Why not keep it open and somehow mandate singles or 2somes only to encourage social distancing?
Mr.Bond
AG
Just had our green beer open this past weekend in Conroe
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

07fta07
AG
I don't see any reason to close the courses (and I hope like hell we don't close ours). I've got no problem walking to maintain social distance. Hopefully Clubcorp doesn't pull the trigger after seeing many Dallas clubs close.

I'm fine if they close the dining area or just make it take out, but I don't think you're accomplishing much/anything by closing the course.
07fta07
AG
Just got the email from Hearthstone (Clubcorp). We are shutting down all food areas but continuing on with golf. They do have plans to make take out food available, but it's not clear yet what that means.
Rubble
AG
Several in DFW are closed for at least 2 weeks starting today.
07fta07
AG
Which private clubs have closed in Dallas?

I haven't heard of any in Houston - yet.
JCA1
AG
My club has suspended food service, only allowing 1 person per cart, and encouraging walking, but the course is still open for the time being.
JCA1
AG
I'm in Houston. My club has pretty much suspended food service, is only allowing 1 person per cart, and encouraging walking. Course is still open so far though.
Rubble
AG
Dallas National, DCC, Brook Hollow, Royal Oaks, Lakewood, Preston Trail are what I have heard so far.
JarAG2007
AG
With first confirmed case in Brazos county i bet its a matter of time at this point......
07fta07
AG
JCA1 said:

I'm in Houston. My club has pretty much suspended food service, is only allowing 1 person per cart, and encouraging walking. Course is still open so far though.

Which club?
Pignorant
AG
Wife and I toured Lakewood on Saturday. Crazy.
JCA1
AG
07fta07 said:

JCA1 said:

Which club?
Pine Forest
bdgol07
AG
Elkins Lake in Huntsville isn't closed but limiting traffic in the clubhouse. Not like I can play anyways since I work at a hospital.
jonj101
Club in Pearland suspended all self-serving snacks, drinks, etc. Offering alight discount on take out food.

Also sent out the common messages of how everything is being thoroughly cleaned, stay away if feeling sick, etc.
Yesterday
AG
Hackberry(club corp) has closed everything except tennis and golf. Take out only. Trying to see if they'll honor the one plan on take out.

I've got a cart and live in the neighborhood so I'll still be golfing if they close.
Gig-Em2003
AG
Lakeside CC in Houston: golf and tennis are open, everything else (dining, etc.) closed. Today was supposed to be the first day you could get a meal in the brand new $55MM clubhouse that was rebuilt after Harvey. LCC can't catch a break.
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
AG
Traditions is doing all about the same as above.

Member one man scramble is next weekend. Hopefully nothing screws up one of the best days of the golfing year
AG
They just postponed our match play tournament last week of April
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

SPI-FlatsCatter 84
AG
Mr.Bond said:

They just postponed our match play tournament last week of April

That would suck big time if not rescheduled.
Played traditions today... greens were excellent. And fairways were actually running out some and balls not plugging
560ti
DFW area I know all city of Dallas courses closed. City of Plano course closed (Pecan Hollow).

City of Allen course (Watters creek) and City of RIchardson (Sherrill Park) remain open. All the nearby clubcorp clubs are open (Canyon Creek, Prestonwood, Brookhaven). One of the few public courses that isn't city owned near my house (Duck Creek) sent an email this morning saying golf portion will remain open but clubhouse is limited to take-out orders only, TV's and tables are being put up

Drove by Alpha road yesterday and saw people playing at Northwood so I'm assuming at some of these non-clubcorp country clubs there at least keeping the golf portion open but limiting dining to take-out only + cancelling events/meetings
LHIOB
AG
Prestonwood is open but walking only. I rarely order food so really no change except for the cart.
grego
AG
Colonial - fitness closed, food is pickup only. Tennis open. Golf events canceled but course remains open
jja79
AG
Houston Oaks is just across the Waller County line from Harris County so it's not officially impacted. They're limiting the number of people in the dining room but otherwise full speed ahead. Apparently not many grown ups are working though. My teenage son has played nearly every day since spring break and corona cancellation began and it's been insanely busy. Today the next 12 consecutive tee times after him were taken. There usually aren't 12 tee times even on weekends.
Gig-Em2003
AG
Lakeside CC just fully closed, effective tomorrow.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
Gig-Em2003 said:

Lakeside CC just fully closed, effective tomorrow.

In Houston?
It is so easy to be wrong—and to persist in being wrong—when the costs of being wrong are paid by others.
Thomas Sowell
Gig-Em2003
AG
yes
Rubble
AG
All ARCIS clubs will remain open for now.
KerrvilleAg
WestTexAG.....are you happy with Tony? He was here at Comanche Trace for ~10yrs.

Single.riders in carts about only change here on the course. No more buffets and canceling large events
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
AG
Tradition 3/18 update has closed all dining rooms but continues to serve to-go and limited delivery area

Course is open and getting pretty significant play on good weather days

MGA Mens 1 Man Scramble is next weekend. 28th.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.