** 2020 golf ball thread **

2,780 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by proudaggie02
mike_ags_fan12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Interested to know/read about some of the experiences you all may have had the past couple of rounds. (Thing of note. Not a great golfer. Mid 90s and haven't gone to reach into the wallet for some Pro v1s... yet.)

Recently played with some Titleist Tour Softs. Probably the best putting ball I've played with. Gonna try some Srixon Soft Feel this weekend.
Mr.Bond
AG
Pro V guy forever. Although I flirted with AVX for a while this year.
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

07fta07
AG
Played ProV forever. Switched to TM TP5 last year after trying out A LOT of different balls and haven't looked back. What's really impressed me outside of the general feel and distance is the performance in the wind. The ball is not near as affected by the wind as my ProV's were.
G Martin 87
AG
I used to hit Callaway Super Softs and Warbirds mostly, then switched to Srixon Q Stars, and then tried found Pro V1s and Tour Softs. I wasn't particularly happy with any of them. Bought some Srixon Soft Feel this weekend, and I'm in love. Finally found a ball that goes straighter off the tee and works great around the green. My swing speed is 85-90, so this is a good fit for me.
07fta07
AG
I've heard good things about the new TM Tour Response if you're willing to step up into the $35/dz range. Same outer cover as the premium balls.
Obi Wan Ginobili
Played The Titleist AVX for a couple of months. They aren't lying when they say low-spin ball. If you have a lower swing/ball speed and are looking for more distance, try the AVX.

I've since switched back to the TP5x. I have a higher swing speed and these are middle of the road when it comes to spin off the tee. I hit a high ball, so these are perfect for me.
Rubble
AG
Snell. Once you go black....you know the rest
jja79
AG
The Snell MTB-X is fantastic. It's better than the MTB Black I think because of the spin around the green. Less than $30 is a bonus.
jgh85Ag
AG
I have been playing ProVs for about a month now after playing a lot of different brands. I bought 2 dozen 5A from lost golf balls.com.
On step 12 of 22 step BAS Anonymous program. Please donate, the struggle is real.
AggieDruggist89
AG
Yellow Srixon Z-Star. When they go on sale for $20 per dozen, I load up. Still have a bunch from last year.
E
AG
For those of you who aren't single digit handi-cappers and a bogey golfer like me, try out the Bridgestone E6 or E12 Softs. My whole group has switched to this ball as it has been the longest and straightest "soft" ball for us. Has great feel and also gives decent green side control. We all are in our early 30's and have average swing speed for our age range.

If it isnt windy and warm i'll use the Tour BRX.
E
AG
For those of you who aren't single digit handi-cappers and a bogey golfer like me, try out the Bridgestone E6 or E12 Softs. My whole group has switched to this ball as it has been the longest and straightest "soft" ball for us. Has great feel and also gives decent green side control. We all are in our early 30's and have average swing speed for our age range. I get mine from lostgolfballs.com in Mint condition for fairly cheap.

NColoradoAG
LantanaAg said:

Snell. Once you go black....you know the rest
Me and a couple guys are set until at least Memorial Day

https://instagr.am/p/B9ktyKejAGU
mike_ags_fan12
G Martin 87 said:

I used to hit Callaway Super Softs and Warbirds mostly, then switched to Srixon Q Stars, and then tried found Pro V1s and Tour Softs. I wasn't particularly happy with any of them. Bought some Srixon Soft Feel this weekend, and I'm in love. Finally found a ball that goes straighter off the tee and works great around the green. My swing speed is 85-90, so this is a good fit for me.

Just snagged two boxes for $25 at my local Target. Their website has a clearance sale for $11.98/each and they honored the price. Swing by and take advantage.
Sooper Jeenyus
AG
For most of my life, never "felt" a huge difference in golf balls. Played Chrome Soft exclusively for a while because I like the look of the Truvis. One day I found a Pro-V1x. Couple weeks later I played a round with it and instantly decided to switch. Difference was night and day. Very soft feel. Now, I'm tinkering with that and the standard Pro-V1. Not sure which is best for me.

Have tried the AVX. It's pretty good and very long. Too long in some instances. Callaway's ERC Soft (?) is exceptionally soft and pretty long, as well. Felt like I was flattening that thing against the club face.

Have tried TP-5/5x. Like them a lot. Good feel; unique sound. If I weren't playing Pro-V1/x, I'd be with one of these or the AVX.
mm98
AG
E said:

For those of you who aren't single digit handi-cappers and a bogey golfer like me, try out the Bridgestone E6 or E12 Softs. My whole group has switched to this ball as it has been the longest and straightest "soft" ball for us. Has great feel and also gives decent green side control. We all are in our early 30's and have average swing speed for our age range. I get mine from lostgolfballs.com in Mint condition for fairly cheap.

Love the E6 soft
AggieDruggist89
AG
Srixon Z-Star

I load up when its on sale for $20 per dz.
DeBoss
AG
I have 10 dozen z-stars in my garage right now. Best ball I've played. Loved my TP5's but couldn't get them at the same price as Z-Star. Fells like a soft ball when you hit it but plays like a harder ball, which is important.
mm98
AG
Just received my shipment of 10 dozen Vice Pro with our company logo on them today. Too bad my 3 customer tournaments for the next 2 months are cancelled.

E
AG
I'll take one of those boxes since you're not able to hand them out... I can rep your company for the next 4 rounds of golf
93MarineHorn
I have a decently high driver swing speed (105 - 108mph) and I hit Callaway Super Softs more accurately and longer than other balls. I've played my best rounds with Super Soft. Everything I read tells me I should be hitting a harder ball and that my numbers would improve with premium balls but it just isn't the case for me. Like everything else in this crazy game it's probably mental. If I tee up a Pro V I'm going to hook the crap out of it.
Quinn
AG
DeBoss said:

I have 10 dozen z-stars in my garage right now. Best ball I've played. Loved my TP5's but couldn't get them at the same price as Z-Star. Fells like a soft ball when you hit it but plays like a harder ball, which is important.
Settled on the Z-Star after bouncing around between a few different balls, and I've been really happy with it.
Shelton98
AG
I play the Bridgestone Tour B-XS because I can't tell any difference between it and the Pro-V1.... and they're $15 cheaper a dozen.

I did get some Super Soft's for Christmas that I mixed into my practice bag. They feel really nice at contact, but come off the face super hot on 50-100 yd wedge shots. Like 10 yds more carry than any other ball in my bag.
proudaggie02
AG
Shelton98 said:

I play the Bridgestone Tour B-XS because I can't tell any difference between it and the Pro-V1.... and they're $15 cheaper a dozen.

I did get some Super Soft's for Christmas that I mixed into my practice bag. They feel really nice at contact, but come off the face super hot on 50-100 yd wedge shots. Like 10 yds more carry than any other ball in my bag.

Pro-V1's are buy 3 dozen, get 1 dozen free now. So it's $36/dozen with free personalization.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.