Masters tickets....

5,303 Views | 34 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by third coast..
booradley
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I know its a long shot, but let me know if anyone comes up with an extra practice round ticket. (mon, tues, Wednesday)

i'm taking my boys this year.

i'll try to post the annual masters tips in the next week....

its gotten so long it needs some editing...
JCA1
AG
Unfortunately, I think everyone here was just about to ask you for tickets.
Bunk Moreland
crazy that even the guy who sits near Uncle Verne's tower on 16 year after year as an ANGC volunteer can't even squeeze an extra ticket out of em.
The Lost
I just hope corona doesn't take over the world and make it an empty event like the soccer events in Europe.

Sadly i didn't win tickets this year, but had i, would be that it would be for the year there were not patrons. That would be my luck.
Bunk Moreland
The Lost said:

I just hope corona doesn't take over the world and make it an empty event like the soccer events in Europe.

Sadly i didn't win tickets this year, but had i, would be that it would be for the year there were not patrons. That would be my luck.

I hope people freak out and don't want to go so prices fall.
SW AG80
AG
My son may have an extra ticket for Monday. I'll let him know about this if he has not already seen it.
Matsui
AG
The masters has said the show will go on.
Matsui
AG
But I guess that might not be with patrons.
aginlakeway
AG
The Lost said:

If that happened, the lottery winners would get tickets the following year for same day. That's what happens if they day is rained out.
Marauder Blue 6
AG
aginlakeway said:

The Lost said:

If that happened, the lottery winners would get tickets the following year for same day. That's what happens if they day is rained out.
No, it isn't what happens.
aginlakeway
AG
Marauder Blue 6 said:

aginlakeway said:

The Lost said:

No, it isn't what happens.
It happened in 2014.

"While Augusta couldn't just let in all the Monday badgeholders on Tuesday, the club did the next best thing: refund their money and give them the right to purchase practice-round tickets next year. It was a good and welcome gesture; bypassing the annual Masters badge lottery takes plenty of pressure off the minds of those golf fans."

So they gave Monday lottery winners their money back and then they could purchase Monday tickets for 2015.

How was my statement (the lottery winners would get tickets the following year for same day) wrong?
Trucker 96
Because they didnt for Wednesday in 2017. Reality is sometimes they do, but not always
aginlakeway
AG
Bingo Bango Bongo said:

Because they didnt for Wednesday in 2017. Reality is sometimes they do, but not always

That day was not a total washout. The course was open for a total of 2 hours that day.

I stand by my statement. If the round is washed out, patrons who won tickets in lottery get tickets for the following year.
JCA1
AG
I was there in 2017. Open for about 2 hours that morning, reopened for about another hour around lunchtime, then closed.

Like everything at ANGC, they don't disclose their decision making but it seems they will offer tickets the following year when the day is basically a wash out. Is that 1 hour, 2 hours, etc, who knows.

Trucker 96
Right. My point is ANGC will do what ANGC wants to do. I'm sure they'd refund. As far as refund and guarantee next year, a good bet. But a whole week vs one day would be a whole different and unprecedented ball of wax, so I'd say nothing is guaranteed. They could very well decide to refund and then just hit the reset button for a new year.
Bunk Moreland
Look. Are one of you *******s going to give me a free ticket or not? That's all I care about.
Wildcat
AG
This is the year to go. Only bringing $1,500/badge/tournament day on the market.
DGAG92
AG
Don't waste your money, The Masters will be closed to patrons this year. Only participants and TV crews will be allowed on site.
Mr.Bond
AG
Dgrimesag92 said:

Don't waste your money, The Masters will be closed to patrons this year. Only participants and TV crews will be allowed on site.

Welp this guys confirms it so shut it down fellas
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

aginlakeway
AG
Dgrimesag92 said:

Source?
Mr.Bond
AG
aginlakeway said:

Dgrimesag92 said:

Source?

His ass
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

DripAG08
AG
Mr.Bond said:

aginlakeway said:

Dgrimesag92 said:

Source?

His ass
Every other event with large attendance has been cancelled or doors closed to spectators. What makes you think that this would be any different?
Mr.Bond
AG
AustinAg008 said:

Mr.Bond said:

aginlakeway said:

Dgrimesag92 said:

Source?

His ass
Every other event with large attendance has been cancelled or doors closed to spectators. What makes you think that this would be any different?

It's over a month away for starters...

Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Mr.Bond said:

AustinAg008 said:

Mr.Bond said:

aginlakeway said:

Dgrimesag92 said:

Source?

His ass

$50 says it's cancelled to spectators
aginlakeway
AG
AustinAg008 said:

Mr.Bond said:

aginlakeway said:

Dgrimesag92 said:

Source?

His ass

Well his post made it sound like a fact and not an opinion.

"will be closed"

I was just asking for a source.
Buck Compton
AG
It's like some of you guys don't remember how much Augusta doesn't give a **** what social media thinks or what others are doing....

They're going to assess the facts and come to a rational decision that's best for the club, the players, and the fans. We don't know what that is, but it won't be decided this week.
TitanAGGIE09
AG
Justin Wheelon tweeted late last night that Augusta National had alerted vendors it was on the table for possibility to go golfers only no patrons. He's a big golfer, not sure who his source is etc. makes sense they'd give that alert, but who knows where it goes from here.
Buck Compton
AG
TitanAGGIE09 said:

Justin Wheelon tweeted late last night that Augusta National had alerted vendors it was on the table for possibility to go golfers only no patrons. He's a big golfer, not sure who his source is etc. makes sense they'd give that alert, but who knows where it goes from here.
exactly.

If true, they have the alert because they're a well-run group. Hey everyone, heads up that this is on the table, but no decision has been made. We're going to continue to collect facts and expect we'll make a final decision by X/XX date.
DripAG08
AG
TitanAGGIE09 said:

For one year only they need to open up an online Masters shop. Would absolutely crush it.
TyHolden
AG
Will Daly still be at Hooters?
aginlakeway
AG
DSAg44 said:

Will Daly still be at Hooters?

Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Mr.Bond said:

AustinAg008 said:

Mr.Bond said:

aginlakeway said:

Dgrimesag92 said:

Source?

His ass

Really wish you would have taken that bet
Mr.Bond
AG
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno said:

Mr.Bond said:

AustinAg008 said:

Mr.Bond said:

aginlakeway said:

Dgrimesag92 said:

Source?

His ass

Really wish you would have taken that bet

Boo hoo.

Wildcat
AG
Wildcat said:

This is the year to go. Only bringing $1,500/badge/tournament day on the market.

Hope nobody took my advice. Yikes.
TwoTimeAg
AG
Masters will let those with tickets from 2020 know on January 18 if they will be issued the same tickets for 2021 with the announced limited attendance. If not chosen for 2021, then you can request a refund or you can have the same tickets for 2022.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.