April Sound

2,122 Views | 27 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by cadetjay02
AustinCountyAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anyone played there lately? any info on the place?

I am a club corp member and was thinking of making the drive up one day next week to play the course. Never been and was wondering how it is?
07fta07
AG
Don't waste your time unless they're paying you to play there. Even then, don't waste your time.
Poot
No.
Tom Hagen
AG
It was great in 1975.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Is that the place where the driving range is into a lake?
jja79
AG
How does it stay open? Do you have to be a member if you live there? Probably the worst private course I've ever seen.
AustinCountyAg
Man, you guys are making this place sound like complete ***** I figured with it being connected to Club Corp the course would at least be in decent shape?
07fta07
AG
Yes, I believe it's required that you be a member if you live in the neighborhood. I'm not sure what level of membership, but if I recall correctly it's basically part of your HOA dues.
07fta07
AG
It's a ****hole
cmk10
AG
Played there last summer. range you hit into the lake. course was in decent shape...
Poot
Course conditions may be fine, but it's a piece of crap golf course. Terrible layout, house lined... I'm telling you, don't bother.

Maybe if you're retired and live in April Sound and hit the ball 170 yds off the tee it would be fine, but other than that... DEFINITELY don't make a point to drive and go play it.
BigHitterDaLama
Most ******'s ive seen so fast in a thread.
dcrewint
Took my JV girls team there. Wouldn't do it again.
AustinCountyAg
Damn y'all are making this place out to be like old Fox Creek in Monaville
Bunk Moreland
AustinCountyAg said:

Damn y'all are making this place out to be like old Fox Creek in Monaville

Pretty sure whatever the condition old bluebonnet is in Plantersville beats April Sound.
Poot
RIP. At least that was an interesting layout.

*and it's sad that a course like that and Waterwood die, but April Sound still lives.
Ervin Burrell
AG
Jesus, genuinely curious how and why this course is getting treated like the bubonic plague now...and this is coming from someone who has played the Mineola "Country Club" in East Texas multiple times and enjoyed it.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
You shut your mouth April Sound is wonderful!
- Anita Martini
jja79
AG
The best part of an April Sound outing is you can go across the road to Tony's Italian Deli and have the best sandwich ever.
jja79
AG
The best part of an April Sound outing is you can go across the road to Tony's Italian Deli and have the best sandwich ever.
07fta07
AG
Tony's
cadetjay02
AG
I've been there twice-
First was a JV golf tournament in 1995ish. I don't recall much other than it was a terrible idea to let a hundred idiot high school boys hit balls on a range with houses within a short distance.
Last time was the spring of 2001 and I drove a sorority charter bus down there for there for a mixer. At about 10-11 that night I went out to walk the course because I was bored and came across one of the sorority girls and her date banging in the middle of a fairway.
AustinCountyAg
So against the advice of everyone here I decided to go play April Sound today. It was .... okay. For the cart fee that I paid it was well worth the $20 considering I was able to play a full 18 in under three hours.

It was by the far the worst ClubCorp course I've played, but not the worst course I've ever played that's for sure. The greens were in okay shape. Worst part was the leaves lining the fairway. Tee boxes were in good shape.

It's not a course that you take someone to impress, but I'd imagine in the summertime it serves its purpose (not crowded, decent shape, not overly tough).
jja79
AG
Did you get a sandwich at Tony's Italian Deli? If so it might be your best day of golf.
AustinCountyAg
No. Where is it at?
The Grinder (99)
AG
Why is this thread still here without cadetjay filling us in with more details of his night?
Tom Hagen
AG
The Grinder (99) said:

Why is this thread still here without cadetjay filling us in with more details of his night?
Unfortunately, his story occurred before smart phone video.
jja79
AG
If only you had read this thread. It's across 105 from the April Sound entrance and it's amazing.
cadetjay02
AG
I didn't even have a cell phone till 3 years after that evening, much less one with a camera. But it was basic missionary, her dress just pulled up, no bewbs showing, and his pants covering his ankles so not sure how they were.
Now someone buy my youth clubs on the other thread.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.