Johnny Football playing golf

5,622 Views | 49 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Mr.Bond
Duckhook
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AggieDruggist89
AG
jj9000 said:

AggieDruggist89 said:

jj9000 said:

Rick Rhoden.

You are correct on all counts above. JFF is good at the game.

He could dedicate the rest of his life to becoming a +5, and it's unlikely he'd ever get there. Not a knock on him at all, it's just that difficult.

Scratch to +5 =/= 5 to Scratch

Exponentially more difficult once you get to a +

Completely agree. Going from 8 handicap to 2 to 3 was not hard. But I'm stuck at 3 right now and kinda scratching my head where I need to improve to get to scratch.
A dedicated 6 months of this will get you there.

If it doesn't get you there, understand your ceiling, and be content with where you are.

https://texags.com/forums/60/topics/2334981

I'm going to give it a try. I only have one guy to beat for the club championship in August. I played binge golf for the past 2 decades, in my 30s and 40s and kept 4 to 6 handi. I'm 52 and restarted golf 1.5 years ago and got down to 2 to 3 index within a year.

Major fixes were confrolling my severe into out swing causing blocks and hookenfxxxers and I learned to make solid contact with short pitches and chips.

The best investment was skytrak and my ball flight and distances are dialed in. 2 weeks ago I had 5 three putts and shot 78.

12thmanfootball
AG
I'm a 15 handicapper and can't get one of those divots to fly on any of my irons. I must be swinging them wrong! Any ideas from you single handicappers?

JFF has unbelievable hand/eye coordination. Looked like he hit 15 of 18 fairways, the multiple lipouts cost him 4 strokes or so.
Obi Wan Ginobili
12thmanfootball said:

I'm a 15 handicapper and can't get one of those divots to fly on any of my irons. I must be swinging them wrong! Any ideas from you single handicappers?

JFF has unbelievable hand/eye coordination. Looked like he hit 15 of 18 fairways, the multiple lipouts cost him 4 strokes or so.

It's a combination of a swing that likely isn't compressing the ball correctly and playing on hard ground. Las Vegas courses are lush and watered constantly. You can take a pelt with a 3 wood out there.
Leander - Ag
AG
Is part 2 out?
PA24
AG
Love to see this guy having fun!!!!!!

Definitely has got a good game, better than most club pros.

PGA dont see it but never say never.

Celebrity golf regular...heck yea!
jja79
AG
I think it's fair to say never to the PGA Tour. Those guys are beyond amazing.
GCP12
AG
AggieDruggist89 said:

GCP12 said:

Johnny should start a YouTube channel and play golf with famous people. Would probably make a bunch of money

I love Johnny but I have no interest in watching him golf nor any other 2 handicapper golf.
That's fine, but there are plenty of guys on YouTube who make a living doing it.
AggieDruggist89
AG
Plenty?

Name 5.
GCP12
AG
Rick shiels, Peter finch, brodie Smith, gm golf, golfholics

And there are many more. Between YouTube and instagram, guys make money doing it. Then of course there are the girls like Paige spiranic
AggieDruggist89
AG
None I watch.

I do watch Mike Malaska, Zach Allen, and Clay Ballard but I don't think their primary income is from YT, maybe Clay.

Johnny I'm sure has better means of making an income than playing golf on YT.
E
AG
12thmanfootball said:

I don't know if you have Instagram, but both of these drills helped me when I was learning to transfer my weight and led to taking divots. For the T-line drill, if you don't have an aiming stick, you can fold up a towel and put it in the same spot. Just try not to hit the towel.

https://instagr.am/p/B87YaJgFAOF
CapCity12thMan
AG
Why do you care what the divot does
Trucker 96
Funky Winkerbean
AG
12thmanfootball said:

Bermudagrass doesn't make beaver pelts. Rye, bent, or bluegrass do it.
It is so easy to be wrong—and to persist in being wrong—when the costs of being wrong are paid by others.
Thomas Sowell
Mr.Bond
AG
Troutslime said:

12thmanfootball said:

Bermudagrass doesn't make beaver pelts. Rye, bent, or bluegrass do it.
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.