B/CS Area Public Golf

1,969 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Golf1
AggieEyes
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What are the best options? The campus? Briarcrest?
DiasporicAg2005
AG
Still haven't played campus, but it looks solid since the renovation.
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
AG
We played Briarcrest January. It wasn't horrible. Its winter, so not a lot of grass

4.5 - 5 hr round on Saturday

Grill area inside is pretty good food and beer/cocktails
AG
Campus on Mondays through GolfNow. $25 Round. It's in pretty good shape too right now.
AggieEyes
AG
I played Briarcrest today for the first time, $41 round on a Friday.

I actually think it's a good layout but it certainly could use some investment dollars.

If I lived in BCS I'd have to pony up for Miramont or Traditions I think...
Famous Shoes
AG
I prefer campus over Briarcrest. I play Briarcrest a little just for a different look but it can be slower with lots of 5 & 6 member groups and the Marshall out there is a joke. Campus isn't perfect either but at least they try to keep play moving and the greens are always better IMO.
Doc4rock
AG
Played pecan lakes in Navasota at Christmas it was pretty good.
Golf1
AG
Played both many times. 2 different types of golf courses with Campus Course being wide open and 150+ bunkers on the course while Briarcrest being the traditional tight treelined golf course. As for the person saying Briarcrest allows sixsomes, I've never seen a sixsome out there and have heard the golf shop staff say they only allow up to 5 so i'm sure you just got stuck behind the wrong group and didn't follow the rules. Obviously at that point the Marshall is the one who needs to fix it.
Baby Billy
AG
Bryan Muni....

RIP
mazag08
AG
I don't miss golf in College Station, save for the few times a year I got to play Traditions when it wasn't a swamp.

I live in Cypress now and I've got 2 cheapies, 3 decent to mid cost, and 1 slightly high cost option within 15 minutes.
HouAggie2007
5 somes aren't ok either. If they want to play more than 4 they should have ponied up the money to stay private
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
AG
mazag08 said:

I don't miss golf in College Station, save for the few times a year I got to play Traditions when it wasn't a swamp.

I live in Cypress now and I've got 2 cheapies, 3 decent to mid cost, and 1 slightly high cost option within 15 minutes.
AG
I'm not saying I disagree with you about 5 somes, but I've seen a single play slower than a 5 some. Obviously if a 5 some is holding up play then it's the Marshalls job to make sure people are playing through slower play, but a single can't go out on a golf course and get pissy on a weekend(or anytime) because he didn't get to play in 2.5 hours.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.