BigShots Golf

1,770 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by DannyDuberstein
dcrewint
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BigShotsGolf
Mr.Bond
AG
Reminds me of flying tee in Tulsa. The launch monitor and ability to play courses is a really attractive tool. I can't believe top golf is so far behind in that aspect. They're in beta mode now but I figured they'd be more of an innovator on it.
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Old School Brother
I'm excited for this. The 2nd location in the country is supposed to open about 10 minutes from my house in far north Fort Worth near Texas Motor Speedway.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
I think you'll see top golf roll this out pretty soon and somehow incorporate it with the target practice they already have, or just change their model all together and follow suite. If the tracking technology has come this far I don't see a need for the pits etc that they have which would require more maintenance.
Mr.Bond
AG
They're already in beta stages of doing it in Katy and spring
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Mr.Bond said:

They're already in beta stages of doing it in Katy and spring

Well there ya go
schwabbin
AG
TG is owning this market and quickly realized if they wanted to make real money they needed to appeal to non-golfers. They've done that. I doubt they feel like this is a big threat.
But as a golfer I'd definitely check this out.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Given the option I'd go to a place that has a track man kind of tech.
claybot
AG
I worked with BigShots/ClubCorp on branding in the early stages before they went their own direction with internal designers.

Visited the Vero Beach location as part of the project. It's cool and fun, but not as slick as TopGolf or others. They were the first with the live gameplay overlaid on doppler, but they drug their feet getting to market. Now TopGolf and DriveShack are doing the same thing, but better IMO.

Their strategy is to franchise in smaller markets not served by TopGolf. I think they'll do pretty well until TopGolf starts doing the same thing - http://press.topgolf.com/2019-03-12-Topgolf-to-Enter-Small-and-Mid-Sized-Cities-Across-the-U-S

They also plan to instal simulators with the same gameplay at many of the ClubCorp clubs. And eventually restaurants, bars, etc. - Another thing TopGolf beat them to the punch with - https://www.dallasnews.com/business/airlines/2019/07/30/a-topgolf-inside-a-buffalo-wild-wings-is-set-to-make-its-nationwide-debut-at-dfw-airport/

Cool that they are coming to B/CS though! I figured that would be a good market for them.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Friend of mine played a beta test of Pebble Beach at Top Golf in The Colony last week. St Andrews, Spyglass, and Spanish Bay were also options.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.