****The Official River States Conference Girls Golf Thread****

3,158 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Wildcat
Wildcat
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I know everyone is on pins and needles.

The Asbury Eagles travelled to St Simon's Isle GA for a spring opener. We discovered that southern teams play all winter, but finished middle of the pack. Tough outing. My favorite girls golfer struggled on day 1, but put in a decent round today.

What's Brescia up to this week?

And before any whining. If jj can make this forum his own personal Craigslist, I'm not apologizing for making it a PM with EKU.
EKUAg
AG
Brescia doesn't start practice until around the 21st. First match in Mississippi 2-3 March at the Blue Mountain College Spring Invite at Old Waverly CC. That is where the woman's am was last year.
Wildcat
AG
Drove by it on a college visit to State. Never played it, but certainly looked nice.
EKUAg
AG
Looks like the two day match with Asbury in Owensboro is off the schedule. Won't see you team until the Midway tournament. At Union College 23-24 March and Campbellsville 30-31 March. Coach has both teams and scheduled to play where both play until April.
Maroon and White always! EKU/TAMU
Wildcat
AG
I believe we backed out as that is during their spring break.

See you in late March, maybe. Had a good winter, but struggled in Georgia and I got a request for a lesson with the swing coach yesterday. So it sounds like the struggle continues.

Good luck in MS.
EKUAg
AG
Not sure mine has picked up a club since she was home for Christmas. We worked on not taking the club away too far to the inside.

MS trip is during Brescia's spring break. Thanks. Will see how things go.
EKUAg
AG
Just saw on Golfstat their tournament will have live scoring. That will keep me distracted during work Monday and Tuesday.

BMC Golf Classic.
EKUAg
AG
Tough first match. Team make up has changed. My daughter started on the back 9 and had several train wrecks. Played better on the front and was playing ok on her 3rd 9 when it got too dark to finish. The women's part of the tournament got cut to 18 as it rained last night and the back nine was too swampy to finish this morning.
Wildcat
AG
Tell her to hang in there. Mine has been on and off; still don't know if I am headed to Alabama late next week. They are at Grand National, so I am hoping she qualifies.

I'm at a conference in Austria nursing jet lag and a hangover (getting to old to drink with these Euros). I'm back stateside Saturday and then may drive 10 hrs to Auburn on Wednesday. Could take me well over a week to recover.
EKUAg
AG
Understand. I didn't get to go. We went to Brescia a week ago Saturday to see her in a musical. Then three days in DC followed by a college visit to EKU with daughter number 2.

She is planning on coming home today for the remainder of spring break.
Wildcat
AG
Surely Daughter #2 needs to consider UK. We are happy to host and make sure her visit goes well.

That said, Wildcat Jr is headed to MS State for ME. Got just enough scholarship money to get as far as he could from Mom and Dad.
EKUAg
AG
Wildcat said:

Surely Daughter #2 needs to consider UK. We are happy to host and make sure her visit goes well.

That said, Wildcat Jr is headed to MS State for ME. Got just enough scholarship money to get as far as he could from Mom and Dad.

Too big for her liking. EKU is almost too big.
You son will be at MS State when EKU shows up to play football in 2024.
Wildcat
AG
EKUAg said:

Wildcat said:

Too big for her liking. EKU is almost too big.
You son will be at MS State when EKU shows up to play football in 2024.

We are already planning to be there for the A&M game next fall. And cowbells have been banned from the house.

Edit: we might have to do that trip in '24 together. That will, God willing and him cracking a book, be his senior year...and #1 will be out of school. So I'll be able to afford to travel again.
EKUAg
AG
So what is Asbury's status? Assume you are already in AL?

Mine got informed today that they had no class Monday and Tuesday and online until Easter. Sports travel on case by case basis.
Wildcat
AG
Not this time. Despite having a stroke on another player in qualifying, she was not selected for the travel squad...and she is none to pleased. She hasn't been playing her best golf, so I think she's being challenged by her coach. She's having a hard time seeing it that way.

Spring break starts Monday and was extended a second week. I think they are simply buying time.

UK just went online for the two weeks following spring break. That gets us three weeks to hopefully let the worst pass.
EKUAg
AG
Well she might be better off not playing where there has been so much rain. Old Waverly was swampy for my daughter's match and my cousin's course in Hoover, AL has been underwater on occasion.
EKUAg
AG
Appears the rest of Brescia's season is wiped out outside of the conference tournament. Class tomorrow, no classes Monday and Tuesday, on-line until Easter. Conference hasn't killed sports at thus point and the NAIA only cancelled the remaining winter championships.
EKUAg
AG
309 for Asbury. Great score today.
Wildcat
AG
Got the text last evening that everything was canceled for Asbury as well. Waiting to hear on the conf tournament.

Classes out 3 weeks. So the kids are travelling everywhere. Not sure this is what public health officials had in mind.
EKUAg
AG
Agree. Mine will have e-learning starting Wednesday. She is stay at school until Saturday just to make sure she has a handle on the e-learning.
Wildcat
AG
Here is some irony. Didn't make the travel squad for Alabama, so she made plans for two weeks at a friend's house for spring break in Chicago. St Patty's Day on the river and Lord knows what.

Now it's all shut down and they drive home early Tuesday...for time with mom and dad [/sad trombone]

We'll enjoy having her.
Wildcat
AG
Conference tournament cancelled. So this thread is done. May see you next fall.
EKUAg
AG
Yep. NAIA ended all spring sports.

EKUAg
AG
My daughter got a tentative fall schedule. If they get to play they are starting at Pinehurst. Not sure which course.

Also, Oakland City from just north of Evansville is joining the conference. Coming back to NAIA from D2.
Wildcat
AG
Some bitter-sweet news.

My daughter has decided to pursue an MBA following undergrad and has elected to transfer to UK and take advantage of some courses that will shorten her time to graduation. So her collegiate career has come to an end.

It's a bit easier on the pocketbook, but I will miss following her on the course.

Let me know if you make it to town...will buy you a beer or bourbon if Mayor Karen ever allows us back in the bars.
Aegrescit medendo
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.