AT&T Pro AM Suggestions

2,141 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by aggiedent
Texas Ag 15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone ever been to the AT&T Pro Am at Pebble? Wife and I are heading out there on Friday with tickets Saturday and Sunday. Any suggestions outside of golf what we should do? She can't do wine unfortunately as she's allergic, but we may still drive through wine country...

We are there until Tuesday and are staying in an Air Bnb about 5 minutes from the course.
Marauder Blue 6
AG
Wine country is north of SF and you'll be south. I'd head south on the PCH toward Big Sur and enjoy the views if you have a car.
BigHitterDaLama
Dinner at Cannery Row.
Ghost of Pedro Flores
AG
Headed out that way tomorrow with the wife as well... Will be at Pebble for the tournament Friday and have a tee time at Spyglass on Monday morning if anyone is in the area and would like to join.
The Lost
I'll be at the friday round too. Been doing some consulting in sf, so my fiance is flying out and we're doing it friday, napa sat/sun.

Disappointed they put literally anyone who's anyone to play pebble on saturday for tv. I get the theory but thought they'd sprinkle a few in the other days. Jason Day is the only real attraction on Friday on Pebble, everyone else is on the MP course. I really just want to see PB so i'll probably mostly follow jason and enjoy the beauty.

May try to catch the end of the verlander/crane round though if i've seen enough of pebble, i just having a feeling it'll be like the masters and i wont want to leave until they make me, especially since i'm only there for the day.
EKUAg
AG
Monterey Bay Aquarium. Followed by dinner at the Spaghetti Factory. Both on Canary Row.
AggieDruggist89
AG
Texas Ag 15 said:

Anyone ever been to the AT&T Pro Am at Pebble? Wife and I are heading out there on Friday with tickets Saturday and Sunday. Any suggestions outside of golf what we should do? She can't do wine unfortunately as she's allergic, but we may still drive through wine country...

We are there until Tuesday and are staying in an Air Bnb about 5 minutes from the course.

You won't be driving through wine country. You will drive up a few hours then drive down back to Monterey. However, you can drive through SF on your way to Napa. I also recommmend you go south.
Duckhook
AG
Eat at Nepenthe down in the Big Sur area.
Rubble
AG
Duckhook said:

Eat at Nepenthe down in the Big Sur area.

I second this. Fantastic place literally in the middle of nowhere.
classof08
AG
Play Pacific Grove. It's the best $50 you'll ever spend on a round of golf.

There's a reason they call it Poor Man's Pebble.
Harry Stone
AG
Sardine Factory
DannyDuberstein
AG
That drive along the coast between Monterey and SF (particularly between Santa Cruz and SF) is one everyone should have on their bucket list
BigHitterDaLama
DannyDuberstein said:

That drive along the coast between Monterrey and SF (particularly between Santa Cruz and SF) is one everyone should have on their bucket list
ANd stop at the boardwalk in Santa Cruz and look for these guys at Night:

DannyDuberstein
AG
Lots of oil leaking now that these guys are headed back into the wind. Nick Taylor with a cushion but has developed a bit of a double-cross off the tee
DannyDuberstein
AG
phil with the "awwww ****" after one of the most horrific 128 yard shots I've ever seen a pro make
DannyDuberstein
AG
Lob wedge over the tv tower, runs in the putt. saves par. Most Phil hole ever
DannyDuberstein
AG
Streelman is going to sneak in and win this thing
EKUAg
AG
classof08 said:

Play Pacific Grove. It's the best $50 you'll ever spend on a round of golf.

There's a reason they call it Poor Man's Pebble.

Wholeheartedly agree..
EKUAg
AG
Spieth shoots best round of day with 67. Backdoor top ten. Champ shot 79. Wind really reeking havoc.
EKUAg
AG
Taylor -18 with two to go.
Streelman now in second three back.
Mickelson four back.
jonj101
Taylor should be bringing the win home now.

Played smart down the stretch.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Live tv with a 90 year old is dicey. And Clint's belt is on the struggle bus
aggiedent
AG
Having sat by the ocean front green of #10 everyday, it wasn't as nearly windy Sunday as Saturday. Saturday was the only real uncomfortable day.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.