Cypress Point Video Tour

2,255 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by skippytimmy
jonj101
How long do you want to ignore this user?

I've posted a few times about this bucket list endeavor. So far I've only played it on Golf Club 2019.
Duckhook
AG
That's a great video. First time I've ever seen all 18 holes. By my count, the posted yardage was 6,550, which is about the length of the course I play. Yeah, Cypress seems a little harder.
1872walker
The green speeds can make things challenging, but tee to green it's pretty open and hard to lose a ball, with the obvious exception of 15, 16 and 17. Lower handicaps can score fairly easily and higher handicaps can get around. But it's definitely an enjoyable round and not one where you feel like the course kicked you in the teeth.
Harry Stone
AG
#1 on my bucket list, over augusta.
jonj101
Same here.

A good thing is the Walker Cup goes there in 2025 I think, so if nothing else I can at least walk the course as a spectator. Idk if they do volunteering for the Walker but I could check that out. Nothing would beat teeing it up though.
The Milkman
AG
jonj101 said:

Same here.

A good thing is the Walker Cup goes there in 2025 I think, so if nothing else I can at least walk the course as a spectator. Idk if they do volunteering for the Walker but I could check that out. Nothing would beat teeing it up though.
I wonder if thats a situation where they'd allow a day for volunteers to play like Augusta does.
EKUAg
AG
I got lucky when I was stationed at Fort Ord. My roommate was friends with some members of the family of the retired Colonel who had been the Director of Logistics. Their next door neighbor was Jim Langley, the head pro at Cypress. One day at the office my roommate calls and says that one of the family called and had a tee time at Cypress Point. So we got to play. Great day of golf. Great caddie. Too bad I blew a gasket on the back after shooting 39 on the front.
Maroon and White always! EKU/TAMU
Harry Stone
AG
EKUAg said:

I got lucky when I was stationed at Fort Ord. My roommate was friends with some members of the family of the retired Colonel who had been the Director of Logistics. Their next door neighbor was Jim Langley, the head pro at Cypress. One day at the office my roommate calls and says that one of the family called and had a tee time at Cypress Point. So we got to play. Great day of golf. Great caddie. Too bad I blew a gasket on the back after shooting 39 on the front.
Jealous, If someone called me and said we have a tee time at 1:00 today, i'd be at IAH right now catching the next flight out. Don't care about price. I'd just buy some clothes at the PGA store in IAH.
EKUAg
AG
I was supposed to play it again in the late 80s, but my contact broke his ankle playing softball. Ended up playing Poppy Hills.
jonj101
The Milkman said:

jonj101 said:

Same here.

I wonder if thats a situation where they'd allow a day for volunteers to play like Augusta does.
I'd love if that was the case. I have my doubts but not sure.

I'm volunteering for the Women's U.S. Open this year, so I'll inquire then.
The Milkman
AG
Report back. I'd fly to California and stay a week in Monterey to volunteer if that was the prize at the end
skippytimmy
AG
Was supposed to play it in a charity tournament back in 05, but got rained out..... Sat in the Clubhouse, almost in tears. The year before that, got rained out of Augusta.

Two most painful rounds I never got to play.

oldag00
AG
Damn! What's the contribution coin dropped for those opportunities?
skippytimmy
AG
I lived in OC at the time, and a buddy of mine bought a foursome (his accounting firm). If I recall correctly, it was somewhere in the $20k range for the foursome.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.