Which pro at Falcon Point in Katy for lessons?

1,494 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by 1208HawkTree
RooAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I believe there are a few members out there on this board. For those familiar, i just joined Falcon Point and need lessons. I was thinking of using one of their pros. There are 4 but it appears the head pro doesn't really do lessons anymore.

Any recommendations of which one to use? I'm about a 19 handicap and a lefty if it matters.
AggiePride07
AG
Welcome to FP. Lots of good guys out here and a lot of Ag's.

Joey is the head pro you're talking about. Matt, Robert, and Ivan are all good Assistant Pros.

I took lessons from Ivan. He helped me out when I started playing this crazy game of golf about 18 months ago. I played Jr college baseball and Ivan played baseball in the minor leagues, so several things he related to me with baseball helped my swing some. I couldn't break 100 when I started playing. I got down to a 11 handicap this past fall and have been hovering around that lately.

I'm sure Robert and Matt are good too. I've just never taken a lesson from them.

One thing is for sure, playing out at FP all the time you'll find your handicap travels well when you play at other courses.

PM me if you're interested in playing a round together.
RooAg
AG
Thanks, good info. Happy to play together. I'm playing in the morning. Not really sure how to PM since I'm not Premium?
mm98
AG
I live in FPE. Do you have to be a member for lessons?
RooAg
AG
AggiePride07 - happy to play, PM just not an option for me since not Premium.
AggiePride07
AG
What's your email and I'll send you an email?
RooAg
AG
It's in my bio. Let me know when you send it so I can make sure it doesn't go to spam.
AggiePride07
AG
Email sent
Poot
If you're gonna play FP as a home course, find the pro who specializes in teaching you to hit it straight.
1208HawkTree
AG
Not a member currently, but was for a couple of years recently. My son took a series of group junior lessons that ended up being mostly one on one lessons with Matt. He's not very talkative in general and is straightforward in his teaching. My son progressed some from them, but I think due to his (my son's) lack of desire to keep at it, they didn't really stick. No direct experience with Robert as an instructor, but I heard him give numerous lessons while I was on the range and he was always positive and very personable. Give them both a shot for 30-60 minutes and see which one you click with more.
RooAg
AG
Thanks. Great info.
RooAg
AG
Definitely. I'm learning that course isn't easy. You can hit a great shot and if it hits a hill wrong, into the lake it goes.
1208HawkTree
AG
RooAg said:

Definitely. I'm learning that course isn't easy. You can hit a great shot and if it hits a hill wrong, into the lake it goes.

Play #5 as if it is three separate par-3s.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.