Winter Golf

1,439 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by cablinaggie
schwabbin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I realize we are lucky in Texas to pretty much have year round golf unlike many areas of the country. But every year around this time my wedge game seems to tank due to thin lies, especially around the greens. Thin pitch shots and chunky chips are adding 5-7 strokes for me lately. I've had to substitute my 9i in a lot of cases.

What's the worst part of your game in the winter and how do you adjust to conditions this time of year?
jgh85Ag
AG
Bulky clothes restricting my swing.
On step 12 of 22 step BAS Anonymous program. Please donate, the struggle is real.
AggieEyes
AG
Shrinkage from the cold messes up my hip rotation.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
It improves mine. Can finally rotate.
DannyDuberstein
AG
I'd agree with thin lies being more of a challenge, but as you've called out, modifying your approach when called for can really help.

On the dress side, UA makes some great cold gear for golf. That has really helped me reduce the bulk. I've grown to really enjoy playing in the cold, partly because it clears the course out. A strong wind or rain will keep me away, but I'll take a dry calm cold day any time.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

I've grown to really enjoy playing in the cold, partly because it clears the course out. A strong wind or rain will keep me away, but I'll take a dry calm cold day any time.
G Martin 87
AG
The end of DST means I have to leave work earlier to get a few holes in before dark.
dc509
AG
Thin lies and the weird wind we get in DFW. I played in Fort Worth last winter, and I swear the wind was in front of us on every hole.
cablinaggie
AG
DannyDuberstei said:

On the dress side, UA makes some great cold gear for golf. That has really helped me reduce the bulk. I've grown to really enjoy playing in the cold, partly because it clears the course out. A strong wind or rain will keep me away, but I'll take a dry calm cold day any time.
An undershirt and a Nike Therma-Fit pullover suits me fine down to the 30s (I walk, though).

Nothing more beautiful and peaceful to me than an empty course on a 40-degree morning.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.