Raveneaux C. C.

2,580 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by JYDog90
aggiedent
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I just read that a deal has been reached with the county for them to purchase Raveneaux and turn it into a flood control basin.
Unemployed
AG
https://communityimpact.com/houston/spring-klein/development/2020/01/13/breaking-golf-course-to-detention-pond-harris-county-flood-control-district-set-to-acquire-raveneaux-county-club-by-late-january/
Larry S Ross
AG
Members received a very short email that explained the sale of land and then 1 line that said they would be signing a new lease on the property. No mention that it could be a very short lease.
I wonder how long before members start bailing out.
Good Day.
jonj101
That sucks for those members.

What is the ownership structure of the club?
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
That course sucked anyways and was constantly flooding
ThreatLevel: Midnight
AG
Non equity / no ownership by members. Flooding has been an issue but I wouldn't say the course "sucks".
Looks like Northgate and other surrounding clubs may see an influx of new members shortly.
Thanks & Gig 'Em
Sooper Jeenyus
AG
ThreatLevel: Midnight said:

Looks like Northgate and other surrounding clubs may see an influx of new members shortly.
That's what I'm worried about.
Larry S Ross
AG
Trying to think what other clubs or in the general area similarly priced.
Northgate
Hearthstone
Pine Forest is quite a bit more expensive I believe.
Good Day.
AG
I was a member at Northgate previously for ~1+year. Both clubs have their +/- IMHO.
Raveneaux location was slightly more favorable for me. I won't be too disappointed to move back to Northgate if that ends up being the case.

I looked at Hearthstone previously but pricing was slightly higher. I'll also take another look at Sterling/Houston National I suppose.
Thanks & Gig 'Em
Poot
Well I can tell you that Houston National is a dump (public course). Seems they put ALL of the $ into the private course, which probably makes sense. Because Sterling, the private course, always appears to be in fantastic shape as I drive by.

I'm just not a fan of the subdivision type of golf course where you feel like you're a blocked tee ball away from being in a FRONT yard. Doglegs around BBQ pits... etc.
07fta07
AG
Check back in with Hearthstone. They're aware of Raveneaux closing and I'm sure would be willing to work something out. If you would like to play there one day, let me know and I can set something up.
AG
When I played the Sterling side as a preview I was pleasantly surprised by the conditions. Also a nice perk to help speed the round along when the carts (while gas) are tuned to really **** & get!
Thanks & Gig 'Em
JYDog90
AG
I just joined Northgate last week.
Sooper Jeenyus
AG
willie wonka said:

I just joined Northgate last week.
What's your HCP and how much cash do you bring to the course?

Are you a Raveneaux refugee?
JYDog90
AG
First club I've ever joined. I used to play a lot but now not so much. I mainly joined so I could hit balls and play the Fast 5 with my youngest son. I can get it around the course okay, but I can also hit a few chili peppers up Lee Janzen's ass as well.

I joined because I was concerned they may up their rates with Raveneaux shutting down. I played last Monday with 4 Raveneaux refugees and they were pissed off...couldn't stop talking about it.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.