Conundrum/ Poll

1,426 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by 93MarineHorn
lazuras_dc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I haven't had a chance to play 18 in at least 6 months since I've had my second kiddo.... on Sunday, I played only 9 holes as I had to be at brunch with the family and in laws. I shot one the best 9 holes I've done in a lonnnng time if not ever. I had a legit 42 - double bogey free round. I always flirt with but never broken 90- (not counting several years ago the few times I broke 90 but using a free foot wedge or 2 or maybe not playing legit rules w/ drops/lost balls etc)

Would you have finished out the 18 for possibly your best round ever and risk divorce? (OR risk blowing up the back 9 then getting to post on the F golf thread) or do what I did and quit to go have brunch with the family?

Being facetious of course, but curious to hear others opinions and slightly brag !
AggieIce
AG

Finish the round
mazag08
AG
You did the right thing.

I have my first on the way. I can't imagine not being able to get to a course even once for 6 months, even with all of the insight from friends and family about how much a child changes things. But maybe I'm just naive.
Ol_Ag_02
AG
mazag08 said:

You did the right thing.

I have my first on the way. I can't imagine not being able to get to a course even once for 6 months, even with all of the insight from friends and family about how much a child changes things. But maybe I'm just naive.

Not naive, it all depends on the wife in question, amigo.
ORAggieFan
Go with the wife.

But, make changes so you can play more.
Sooper Jeenyus
AG
lazuras_dc said:

I haven't had a chance to play 18 in at least 6 months since I've had my second kiddo.... on Sunday, I played only 9 holes as I had to be at brunch with the family and in laws. I shot one the best 9 holes I've done in a lonnnng time if not ever. I had a legit 42 - double bogey free round. I always flirt with but never broken 90- (not counting several years ago the few times I broke 90 but using a free foot wedge or 2 or maybe not playing legit rules w/ drops/lost balls etc)

Would you have finished out the 18 for possibly your best round ever and risk divorce? (OR risk blowing up the back 9 then getting to post on the F golf thread) or do what I did and quit to go have brunch with the family?

Being facetious of course, but curious to hear others opinions and slightly brag !
All you need to know right there. Who knows, maybe you triple 10 and 11, THEN you can quit. But by God, if you've got a career round going, you keep playing.

Are you married to your best wife ever? Who's to say...
DannyDuberstein
AG
Not enough information. Post pic of wife
lazuras_dc
AG
mazag08 said:

You did the right thing.

Not that I haven't played at all. Have played 9 holes several times and been at the range. I'll even play 4 holes (the hole layout at the club makes it convenient to walk 4 after work where you do 1,2 then turn onto 8,9)

Haha touche Danny
Funky Winkerbean
AG
Remind your wife that she owes you one.
It is so easy to be wrong—and to persist in being wrong—when the costs of being wrong are paid by others.
Thomas Sowell
Mateo84
AG
You did the right thing by stopping. If you hadn't, you would have most certainly been worried about getting in trouble, and the likelihood of continuing the hot round would have been low. Then after you messed up the round of golf AND messed up the brunch/family time, you would've felt pretty bad about the whole thing.
DannyDuberstein
AG
This right here. Especially when you start getting those "where are you?" texts with 3-4 holes left. A hot front 9 doesn't even need a nudge to **** up, but it was going to get some nudges anyway
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
9 holes is not enough for me to keep playing
Let's say I'm on 15 and I'm on pace for my best round ever or I have to be somewhere with the in-laws in 20 min?
I'm finishing the round and asking for forgiveness

And because of this exact scenario I will not play a round unless I know I can finish 18 holes weather permiting
Matsui
AG
It is real.
DannyDuberstein
AG
It is indeed real. I have 17 and 13 year olds, and my golf has stopped and started so many times in those 17 years. I'll get a stretch where I play a fair amount for 3-4 months, then may not touch the sticks for 6-8 months, then on again, then off again.
mazag08
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

It is indeed real. I have 17 and 13 year olds, and my golf has stopped and started so many times in those 17 years. I'll get a stretch where I play a fair amount for 3-4 months, then may not touch the sticks for 6-8 months, then on again, then off again.

Hmm. Gonna get my kid playing early. Hoping that's the answer.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Maybe. It's all the other sports that impacted the most, especially the ones I coached. All those spots in the week where I might work in a twilight round after work or one on the weekend, I was running practices or coaching games. Or when not coaching, at least toting them to them and watching. So that's what would play into my stops and starts. Kind of depended what season was going on, as some were more friendly for leaving golf time than others.

Wouldn't trade it for anything though. So many great memories that both me and my kids will have forever.
mazag08
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

Maybe. It's all the other sports that impacted the most, especially the ones I coached. All those spots in the week where I might work in a twilight round after work or one on the weekend, I was running practices or coaching games. Or when not coaching, at least toting them to them and watching. So that's what would play into my stops and starts. Kind of depended what season was going on, as some were more friendly for leaving golf time than others.

Wouldn't trade it for anything though. So many great memories that both me and my kids will have forever.
There's you problem. Too many sports.

I'm going full Earl Woods from day 1.
93MarineHorn
If still married to my ex.....no f'ing way would I finish that round.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.