Best Austin Area Course (Public)

1,610 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Austintm
AggieEyes
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'll be in Austin in a few weeks and wanted to play a nice round some where. I'll be driving in from Houston.

I've played Wolf Dancer in Bastrop many times however I'm looking for something different. Thoughts and suggs?
HouAggie2007
Search for a post a few months ago, I really like star ranch I think it is up in hutto
Austintm
Falconhead
CapCityAg89
AG
Star Ranch is fun. Morris Williams is my favorite of the munies.
Baby Billy
AG
Star Ranch off of 130 toll in Hutto/Pflugerville.

Avery Ranch in Cedar Park off 183

Falconhead

Forest Creek in Round Rock (this one is easily the best value. Reno completed a couple years ago and the course is in fantastic shape. Easily the cheapest on this list as well)
stick93
AG
Depending on where you are staying, Grey Rock on the SW side is pretty solid as well.
El_Guero512
Second Forrest Creek
Hotdog Hamblin
AG
What's the feedback on the Barton Creek courses? Not to hijack but going to be there next month for a wedding so might as well get to planning.
CapCity12thMan
AG
IMHO, the only Barton Creek course worth playing is Fazio Canyons. Crenshaw is kind of a tricked up joke, and Foothills is only slightly better. Barton Creek has seen its day of great golf in Austin. There are many others I would rather play. You are < 15 mins from Falconhead if you are considering Barton Creek
Austintm
CapCity12thMan said:

IMHO, the only Barton Creek course worth playing is Fazio Canyons. Crenshaw is kind of a tricked up joke, and Foothills is only slightly better. Barton Creek has seen its day of great golf in Austin. There are many others I would rather play. You are < 15 mins from Falconhead if you are considering Barton Creek
Agree that Canyons is the best. nice layout, some fun holes, good greens. Foothills is better than Crenshaw, and the re-do they did to it last year helped. Crenshaw course greens are silly.

Falconhead is not really in the same league, but it is a lot cheaper and is a pretty good course.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.