Sentry

2,415 Views | 24 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by JarAG2007
Front Range Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Like the President's Cup, the Sentry Tourn. of Champions brings us evening golf.

Niemann up early with a pack a couple back.

Here's to the new season!
Just an Ag
AG
Front Range Ag said:

Here's to the new season!

Rubble
AG
Not to be a smartass, but this is the 12th event of the new season...

But I agree that it's nice to have prime time golf for two more weeks!
Ervin Burrell
AG
Three way playoff. Good start to the year.
Bunk Moreland
This is bonkers. Rooting for Reed.
Deluxe
AG
Am I the only one who thought JT's drop spot on 18 was a little generous? I guess it didn't ultimately matter.
dcrewint
I guess JT was trying to end it with his 2nd shot on 18. He should have played it out where Xander did. Aim right, miss right(birdie/par). Then Xander hammer hands his eagle putt lol.
dcrewint
I guess JT's lie could have factored in. Don't recall the slope he would have had from there to play out to the right.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Anyone still watching this? Fun ending. Only JT and Reed left. Will be the last hole today since they are running out of day light.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Man. JT hit that fat AF.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Great wedge from JT. Gonna need a clutch 10' putt from Patty to extend I think.
AggieIce
AG
"Cheater" bomb
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Someone yelled out "Cheater!" During Patty's putt.
98Ag99Grad
AG
Nice layup by JT to get that full wedge shot instead of the awkward pitch.

And that sand incident by Reed at the Hero Challenge will always follow him.
jonj101
JT wins it.

Fans continue to give Pat crap, and probably will well into 2020.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
3 wins in last 7 tourneys for JT. Dude's on a mission to win another major I think.
classof08
AG
I think fans have resorted to vigilante justice when it comes to Reed because the PGA Tour did absolutely nothing about him blatantly cheating. If that's happening in Hawaii in a limited field event, what will it be like at bigger events later this season?
DannyDuberstein
AG
Fun ending. US Open will be just north of NYC this year. Reed is going to catch absolute hell there.
JarAG2007
AG
Everyone hates on Reed as the new villain! People forget that when Tiger was in his prime, Phil was the villain. They didn't get along at the time and Phil was one of the only people to challenge him.

I like Reed for the game of golf, cheating NO, but every sport needs someone like him. He is gritty and wants to win. They asked him walking off the green about how he had the best round of the day and was it a moral victory just to be in the playoff, and he said NO! I am here to win. That's why he should be on every Ryder and Presidents cup team, he isn't the new era nice guy golfer where they are all best friends.
LHIOB
AG
JarAG2007 said:

Everyone hates on Reed as the new villain! People forget that when Tiger was in his prime, Phil was the villain. They didn't get along at the time and Phil was one of the only people to challenge him.

I like Reed for the game of golf, cheating NO, but every sport needs someone like him. He is gritty and wants to win. They asked him walking off the green about how he had the best round of the day and was it a moral victory just to be in the playoff, and he said NO! I am here to win. That's why he should be on every Ryder and Presidents cup team, he isn't the new era nice guy golfer where they are all best friends.

Phil?! Hes been one of the most popular players on Tour from day 1.
Big Cat `93
AG
The plot sickens.

Patrick Reed's attorney sends letter demanding Golf Channel analyst stop calling golfer a cheater

""As I read further and got to the sentence that the tape fully supported him, I wondered how did Patrick Reed find the only lawyer in the world who didn't play golf?"
1872walker
Not a lawyer, but from what I recall from Dr Swim, your personal belief cannot be used against you in a defamation case. So if Chambers, or anyone else, says "I believe that Patrick Reed is a cheater", Reed's birdlaw attorney can go pound sand.
The Milkman
AG
classof08 said:

I think fans have resorted to vigilante justice when it comes to Reed because the PGA Tour did absolutely nothing about him blatantly cheating. If that's happening in Hawaii in a limited field event, what will it be like at bigger events later this season?
If he shows at Waste Management that should be good.

The PGA Tour is spineless and refuses to punish one of their own. I hope more fans continue to force them to acknowledge it by doing this kind of thing. Don't do it during his swing, but loud and clear while a shot is in the air.
Big Cat `93
AG
I think I read that he's going to Saudi Arabia instead of Phoenix.
The Milkman
AG
Safe bet no one will heckle there... they'll lose a hand.
JarAG2007
AG
Short term memory. You can still find articles today about other gofers hating Phil. He would skip events on purpose and hurt other tour players, was caught cheating with clubs etc., changed to a different manufacturer before a Ryder or Presidents cup for more money knowing it would hurt his game. He and Tiger used to get into all the time which made people not like him also. To this day people in my family don't like phil because they love tiger...

Yes he signs autographs and his fans like him, but you think Reed doesn't have fans and signs autographs?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.