TGC 2020

1,534 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by JarAG2007
mazag08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I didn't want to revive the old thread. It's a new year. Who's still playing this game? Post your platform and screen name.

I'm Flower-Arranger on PS4.

Been playing a lot of skins rounds against some Texags ghost players. Actually quite fun, especially 2v2.
BryanAggie2013
AG
Got this game for Christmas! Excited to join in on this thread and play against some of y'all (after a bit of practice of course)
mazag08
AG
What platform? Feel free to add me if PS4
PJYoung
AG
I've been playing the weekly rounds on https://www.tgctours.com/

I've made it up to the B challenge circuit on my PC.

Lots of fun but super frustrating when you do stuff like this:

Finished tied for 42nd instead of easily in the top ten and another bump up the ladder towards the A circuit.
PJYoung
AG
garrettc16 said:

Got this game for Christmas! Excited to join in on this thread and play against some of y'all (after a bit of practice of course)

It took me a solid 6 weeks of playing most days before I was decent.
mazag08
AG
A quick rant..

I mostly play the built in PGA Tour single player. It's absolutely stupid how they set up the difficulty levels.

Hard Difficulty:

Medium or low wind, fast, firm greens, fast, firm fairways, and average CPU scores for the leaders of each tournament between 5-8 under per round. I've won 7-10 tournaments every season I've played on this difficulty and won the FedEx cup EASILY every single time.

Then you switch to Very Hard.difficulty:

High to very high wind, very firm and very fast greens and fairways, and average CPU scores for the leaders of each tournament 11 - 15 under per round. There was even one where the first place guy was 18 under after Day 1.. on one of the hardest courses with 15 MPH winds and greens like glass.

There needs to be a difficulty in between the two, where you get the very hard course conditions with the scoring from the hard mode.
BryanAggie2013
AG
PJYoung said:

garrettc16 said:

It took me a solid 6 weeks of playing most days before I was decent.
That's what I've heard about it, may just have to accept playing for fun and not being to competitive because I definitely won't be able to devote that much time to it.... Oh well, guess it'll be just like real life golf haha
BryanAggie2013
AG
It is PS4, I will be sure to add you next time I fire it up!
mazag08
AG
One thing that is really cool to do for the new people.. you can play a local round and add "ghost players". So let's say I recently finished a round on Sawgrass. You can go through the list of completed rounds and select mine. It will then tee me up with you and you can essentially play with me. Great way to see how others attack the different courses. And you can pick from anyone who has ever played the course, not just people on your friends list.

I recently won a skins game against all Texags ghost players. Sorry JarAg.
JarAG2007
AG
I have played skins multiplayer online and its pretty fun. Unfortunately it very rarely is against more than one person.

We should start our TexAgs social group back up and get the tournaments going again. I believe I handed out admin rights for others to add tourn. We could always workout scheduling skins or team online games once a week or month or something.
mazag08
AG
I'm down. Rally the troops!
aftershock
I've tried getting into TGC games, but I can't help but miss the game play of the old Tiger Woods golf games by EA.
investorAg83
AG
aftershock said:

I've tried getting into TGC games, but I can't help but miss the game play of the old Tiger Woods golf games by EA.

I feel the exact opposite. That arcade style was fun when I was younger but I like the fact you have to plan and shape shots rather than mashing the power and spin buttons. You really earn a good round.

Haven't spoiled it up in a while...after the Show had a free download 2 months ago that's been getting all my spare attention.
JarAG2007
AG
Alright Mazda

Hopefully I will have time today, if not it will be this weekend. I want to back date some of the tournaments from PGA, mainly because i like the Sentry course.

If everyone is cool with it, I will follow the tour schedule mostly. I will add as many as i can. Thanks.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.