The Grint No Longer Free

4,653 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by ORAggieFan
Lt. Joe Bookman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Kinda sucks, but The Grint will no longer be providing free compliant handicaps starting Jan 2020.

2020 Prices Announcement

As we announced earlier this year, we are adjusting our Pricing structure given the new World Handicap System that the USGA and the R&A announced. This will finally give us all a centralized system to get a handicap starting Jan 2020.

We will now have 2 tiers of pricing. PRO and Handicap Memberships.

1) PRO Memberships: $39.99 / year

Provides all premium features that our current PRO Membership offers plus a World Golf Handicap Index (and GHIN #)

2) Handicap Memberships: TBD* ($14.99-$19.99/year)

Provides you with a World Golf Handicap Index. Which includes a GHIN# that will be integrated in the USGA's database. Does not include PRO premium features.

3) Free Members: You will continue to be able to use our app for free with all same free functionalities, with the exception of the Compliance of your Handicap.
Mr.Bond
AG
Boo
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

E
AG
Boo x2
mavsfan4ever
AG
Isn't it good that they will be providing a ghin#? So now you can use your front handicap in all tournaments instead of having to have a ghin account? I didn't think grint gave you a ghin before (but could be wrong).

I know some tournies require a ghin and not just a Grint handicap. I've never understood why that is, but I've heard from friends that that's the case.
jgh85Ag
AG
It wasn't a ghin but it was a usga compliant handicap.

I have a pro membership because I wanted to support them. I will be dropping it as I dont need their handicap as I have ghin through my golf league and the pro version isnt $40 better than the free version.
E
AG
Are there any other free USGA compliant handicap systems out there?
jgh85Ag
AG
I contacted The Grint. If you have the pro version now, you are grandfathered at the $20 year rate.
Rubble
AG
You can join the Texas Golf Association for $39/year and get a GHIN...
HouAggie2007
Or pay the same amount and get one + the tracking stats of grint
ORAggieFan
FYI - you can still join for $20 and if the above post is correct (which I'd believe) get it converted to the Pro. They have not rolled out the new pricing yet on their site.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.