Golf Course Wishlist 2020

5,102 Views | 38 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Quinn
mazag08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What courses..

1. Do you know you will be playing
2. Do you hope to get to play
3. Are total pipe dreams?
suburban cowboy
AG
1) Eagle Pointe
2) Bandon Dunes
3) Trinity Pines
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
1) all Bandon courses
2) Pronghorn
3) pasatiempo

Rubble
AG
1. Camelback & We Ko Pa
2. Troon North
3. Too many to name
07fta07
AG
1) Whispering Pines, Erin Hills, Whistling Straits, Tobacco Road, Dormie Club, Mid Pines, Pinehurst #9, Bears Best and Canyon Gate Vegas, and a couple around Jacksonville when we go for The Players (taking recommendations).

2). Emirates or Abu Dhabi Golf Club

3) All the ones I have zero chance to play like Augusta, Pine Valley, and Cypress Point
Duckhook
AG
1. For sure 3 in the Phoenix area in January: Estrella, Verrado Victory, Ak Chin Southern Dunes.
2. Just found out that the company that manages my club has reciprocal access to Austin Country Club. Would like to play that in 2020.
3. Cypress Point
NColoradoAG
1) Pebble Beach, Red Sky Ranch Fazio and Norman Courses
2) The Prairie Club
3) Ballyneal
Aggie95
AG
me trying to calculate the cost of 07fta07's golf trips....

07fta07
AG
Work travel and clubcorp have their benefits. Oh and no kids too.
turfaggie24
AG
1) Dallas National
2) Bluejack or Lajitas
3) All of them
Aggie369
AG
Headed back to Scotland and Hawaii:

St Andrew's (old and new)
Turnberry (both courses)
Carnousti
Kingsbarns
Western Gailes
Prestwick
Hopefully more with enough daylight

Kapalua (plantation course) on Maui
Manele on Lanai
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
07fta07 said:

1) Whispering Pines, Erin Hills, Whistling Straits, Tobacco Road, Dormie Club, Mid Pines, Pinehurst #9, Bears Best and Canyon Gate Vegas, and a couple around Jacksonville when we go for The Players (taking recommendations).

3) All the ones I have zero chance to play like Augusta, Pine Valley, and Cypress Point

Can I be your friend? And please take me with you
07fta07
AG
Yea, I can probably get us on at Heron Lakes.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
garym2001
AG
1. Oakmont, Secession, Checchese Creek, Congaree, Ohoopie Match Club, Cabot Links, BlueJack
2. Chicago Golf Club, Shoreacres, Pine Valley, Merion
3. Shinnecock/National GL
mazag08
AG
Man, I need to figure out how to win at life better.

All of my answers are in Texas, mostly Houston area.

But I do have my first kid on the way and just bought a house.. so golf may take a slight backseat compared to a normal year.
Duckhook
AG
mazag08 said:

Man, I need to figure out how to win at life better.

All of my answers are in Texas, mostly Houston area.

But I do have my first kid on the way and just bought a house.. so golf may take a slight backseat compared to a normal year.

That happens, and will change as you progress in life. I didn't start taking really good golf trips until my mid-40's as my kids got older. Especially stag trips. Give it time. Enjoy the time with your kids now.
Famous Shoes
AG
Dang some nice courses being mentioned here...I just want to get on at Miramont!
jonj101
1) Pebble Beach, RTJ Trail, Horseshoe Bay
2) Pinehurst, Brandon
3) As I've said too many times on this forum, Cypress Point. Unfortunately, still haven't made the right connection.

Yesterday
AG
07fta07 said:

I'd play Bears Best twice. Canyon Gate was very meh. Tons of great views at Bears Best.
Yesterday
AG
Streamsong, Colonial, Pebble, Spyglass

Trinity Forest, Dallas National

Augusta National.
DGAG92
AG
07fta07 said:

Played Pine Valley in 2001.....and yeah, you'll probably never play it, but DAYUM what a golf course. Owner of a company I worked for in Maple Shade, NJ was a member. Had no clue what I had played until it was over......Still have the cap and divot tool they gave me in my welcome bag. Played Augusta National 4 times, it's not all that when there's no tourney.....the best condition that course is in, is during The Masters and it looks nothing like it the rest of the year, but the greens are fast fast fast.
DGAG92
AG
Duckhook said:

1. For sure 3 in the Phoenix area in January: Estrella, Verrado Victory, Ak Chin Southern Dunes.
2. Just found out that the company that manages my club has reciprocal access to Austin Country Club. Would like to play that in 2020.
3. Cypress Point

If you're going to Phoenix, We-Ko-Pa is a must.
Harry Stone
AG
Dgrimesag92 said:

07fta07 said:

Played Pine Valley in 2001.....and yeah, you'll probably never play it, but DAYUM what a golf course. Owner of a company I worked for in Maple Shade, NJ was a member. Had no clue what I had played until it was over......Still have the cap and divot tool they gave me in my welcome bag. Played Augusta National 4 times, it's not all that when there's no tourney.....the best condition that course is in, is during The Masters and it looks nothing like it the rest of the year, but the greens are fast fast fast.

played it as well. then merion the next day.
Duckhook
AG
Dgrimesag92 said:

Duckhook said:

3. Cypress Point

If you're going to Phoenix, We-Ko-Pa is a must.

I've played there and a lot of the Scottsdale-area courses. We're staying out west of town this time.
LHIOB
AG
1 - Scotland trip with Aggie369 and 6 other buddies - Prestwick, Western Gailes, Trump Turnberry - Alisa, Trump Turnberry - Robert the Bruce, Old Course, New Course, Kingbarns and Carnoustie.

Ive also got PGA National Mambers Club in Palm Beach Gardens and Trump Doral booked for end of this year.

2 - Baltusrol (co-worker is good friends with a member), Bethpage - Black, Erin Hills (pending work trip to WI), Whistling Straights (same work trip),

3 - Pine Valley (I know a member who got us on Muirfield Village this past summer)
Deluxe
AG
1. Woodlands tournament course
2. Bluejack National/Whispering Pines
3. Pine Valley/Augusta National - the pipe-iest of pipe dreams
TexAgs1992
1) Woodlands Tournament Course
2) Bluejack National and Payne's Valley
3) Blessings Golf Club
rononeill
Bluejack is sweet, and I hope all y'all with it on your aspirational list get to play it, but you'll be just fine if you don't...
Hotdog Hamblin
AG
1. Bandon in October
Nothing else matters
bodaciousbood14
AG
1. Dallas National and Austin Country Club
2. Bandon & Bethpage
3. Everything else for this year at least
garym2001
AG
That's a sweet Scotland itinerary. Would suggest adding Royal Troon if you can swing it. You'll be right there. Id substitute Troon in for Rober the Bruce
Aggie369
AG
We cant...all booked up
LHIOB
AG
garym2001 said:

That's a sweet Scotland itinerary. Would suggest adding Royal Troon if you can swing it. You'll be right there. Id substitute Troon in for Rober the Bruce

It was booked, but we will be back. This is our 2nd Scotland trip with Ireland sandwiched in the middle.
The Lost
1. Local Denver courses
2. Non Denver course, TPC Colorado
3. the same ones everyone dreams of. Going to att proam at pebble so that'll be cool to see and make me want to play there even more most likely
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.