DFW courses that allow 5

5,301 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by REMARCH11
TheGreatScott12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hey guys,

Not starting a thread to debate whether fivesomes should be allowed (I hate them), but I really need a course that allows them on Saturday if anyone knows of one in DFW.

Thanks in advance,
Jared
bcanales05
AG
Pecan Hollow is notorious for 5 somes on weekends. That's in Plano and a really good course.
TheGreatScott12
AG
bcanales05 said:

Pecan Hollow is notorious for 5 somes on weekends. That's in Plano and a really good course.
Wow didn't realize they had fivesomes. Love that track.
bcanales05
AG
That was in the summer, I'm sure they still do it. It was mostly on earlier tee times (before 9am) and after 1pm.

I hated playing here in the summer as that was a 5-6hr round in the high 90 degree heat. So I'd play there on Wednesday mornings and get free re-plays during the summer.

I don't get to play much in the fall due to my kids in sports every weekend.
TheGreatScott12
AG
Good to know. Thanks!
HouAggie2007
Get more or less friends, **** that **** on a weekend
TheGreatScott12
AG
HouAggie2007 said:

Thanks for reading my post... Like I said, I don't typically agree with fivesomes. But, I appreciate your unnecessary post.
girlgolfer12
Steven's park does, too.
TheGreatScott12
AG
Let me know how to get a tee time there. Every time I look they're booked up.
girlgolfer12
I called Sunday afternoon and got a tee time at 10:20.
The Lost
TheGreatScott12 said:

HouAggie2007 said:

Thanks for reading my post... Like I said, I don't typically agree with fivesomes. But, I appreciate your unnecessary post.
Well if you actually hated them so much... you wouldn't do it
HouAggie2007
I don't care if you typically do or not, it should not be part of a course unless you are in a private club and you have no one that you will impede. Which will not be the case on a weekend public couse
TheGreatScott12
AG
I think it's pretty ridiculous for you to say what should or shouldn't be apart of a course. If 5 tour pros show up to a course and want to play together the fact that there are 5 shouldn't stop them. It's more of a pace of play thing. 5 good golfers can play faster than 4 weekend hacks and most of the times I see foursomes that are clogging up the course? Should we start not allowing foursomes as well? I don't like fivesomes just because it has an odd number of carts and losts of the times muni courses don't have enough carts to accommodate.

Like I said, I don't need any of your opinions on whether you agree with it. This is a one off situation and all 5 of us are pretty good players. Pecan Hollow okayed it so don't show up out there this weekend.

HouAggie2007 just got a block from me. You're a beating.
REMARCH11
AG
Coyote Ridge is always an option. That's a 6 hour rounds no matter what......even if your playing behind twosomes!!
TheGreatScott12
AG
REMARCH11 said:

Coyote Ridge is always an option. That's a 6 hour rounds no matter what......even if your playing behind twosomes!!
Which is unfortunate because that's another solid track.
Coppell97
AG
For future reference, Lake Park near Lake Lewisville usually allows them too.
schwabbin
AG
Pecan is a fun course but 5 hour round minimum on the weekend.
leachfan
I hate belonging to a country club. I only get to spend 3 hours with my friend instead of 5 hrs
DannyDuberstein
AG
So what was the verdict? Which course did it end up being?
TheGreatScott12
AG
Pecan Hollow let us on. We teed off at 10:45 and were done by 3. Not bad for a fivesome at a muni on Saturday. And I walked away up $60.
DGAG92
AG
REMARCH11
AG
I know right. Ever since Sam Moon bought it, it's become an enigma!! Wouldn't play there if you paid me!!!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.