CBS Broadcast Team for 2020

3,386 Views | 28 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by The Milkman
EKUAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://www.golf.com/news/2019/12/03/michelle-wie-joins-cbs-golf-coverage-broadcast-shakeup/

Michelle Wie will be joining as a contributor for several events, including The Masters.

Dottie Pepper takes over lead on course role
Frank Nobilo will be joining full time.
The Immelman brothers will be on. Trevor as an analyst, Mark to cover most events.

Andrew Catalan replacing Bill MacAtee as Nantz's backup.

DLIII will start doing work as well.

Interested to see how this team does.
NColoradoAG
I assume Amanda Balionis will still be doing post round interviews....
jja79
AG
Their talent is subpar in my opinion. It doesn't help that they spend as much time on features as they do golf. If they don't fix that it doesn't matter who has a microphone.
The Milkman
AG
jja79 said:

Their talent is subpar in my opinion. It doesn't help that they spend as much time on features as they do golf. If they don't fix that it doesn't matter who has a microphone.
Except Amanda Baliones features. Those can stay
Matsui
AG
Uuuge
Matsui
AG
Definitely need to show more golf.
98Ag99Grad
AG
I watch alot of golf and I'm not familiar with Mark Immelman or the Catalan guy. Are they on GC now? Nobilo is a solid guy. No complaints there. Dottie is boring. On paper, this looks like a step back IMO.
jja79
AG
Mark Immelman is a college golf coach and has worked on PGA Tour radio for a while. Catalon subbed once this year for CBS I think.
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace
Amanda Balionis is a vacuous butterface big titted female who knows absolutely nothing about golf.

CBS should insist that she does her interviews topless.
NColoradoAG
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace said:

Amanda Balionis is a vacuous butterface big titted female who knows absolutely nothing about golf.

Disagree with the first statement.

Wholeheartedly agree with the second.
EKUAg
AG
jja79 said:

Mark Immelman is a college golf coach and has worked on PGA Tour radio for a while. Catalon subbed once this year for CBS I think.

Did Masters online and some GC stuff prior to network coverage.
Big Cat `93
AG
Nobilo does good work. I like his pretournament reports on different holes for the majors. I'd like to see more of that.
The Milkman
AG

Her face is just as nice as the rest
Unemployed
AG
Michelle Wie is a terrible choice. She graduated from Stanford so she's smart enough but she just sounds so ditzy.
The Shank Ag
They need to get Romo in on it
jja79
AG
If you're watching the Australian Open that's how you televise golf.
Didn't get a chance to watch. Do they also have big titted butterfaces who know nothing about golf asking questions in interviews?
GIF Reactor
AG

Didn't get a chance to watch. Do they also have big titted butterfaces who know nothing about golf asking questions in interviews?

Why the hate for AB? Even before she got the CBS gig, she worked for Callaway, so she isn't exactly new to the game.

I didn't care for McCord, but I am in no way excited about this new crew. DL3? The Immelman bros? No thanks.
NColoradoAG
Electrical_Ag said:

Why the hate for AB? Even before she got the CBS gig, she worked for Callaway, so she isn't exactly new to the game.

Typical TexAgs male supermodels
To answer your question, I think she brings nothing to the broadcast. You want to ask questions during interviews, have someone with some street cred do it, like David Duval, or Frank Nobilo, or John Cook, for example. Guys who have actually competed at a very high level in the sport. A chick who sold golf clubs for awhile does not qualify her as an expert in the sport.

It's just my opinion.

Also, she's got the crazy -

98Ag99Grad
AG
She brings tits to the broadcast. And I'm totally fine with that. Not every interview has to be award winning or thought provoking. Same reason Holly Saunders was on GC and Blair O'neal is. They look good, know something about golf, and that's it. Let's not overanalyze this.
Yesterday
AG
Saw her at Colonial the day before the tournament in street clothes and she is very average.
Unemployed
AG
03ki11erAG said:

Saw her at Colonial the day before the tournament in street clothes and she is very average.
Her tits are not average, though.
GIF Reactor
AG

To answer your question, I think she brings nothing to the broadcast. You want to ask questions during interviews, have someone with some street cred do it, like David Duval, or Frank Nobilo, or John Cook, for example. Guys who have actually competed at a very high level in the sport. A chick who sold golf clubs for awhile does not qualify her as an expert in the sport.

It's just my opinion.

Also, she's got the crazy -

I agree on Duval; I think he is the best analyst out there.
jja79
AG

No. They show golf.
Yesterday
AG
RealTalk said:

03ki11erAG said:

Her tits are not average, though.

Maybe. But I need to see them unsupported before I can judge. A task I'm willing to take on.
The Lost
Electrical_Ag said:

I didn't care for McCord, but I am in no way excited about this new crew. DL3? The Immelman bros? No thanks.

She actually worked for the pga tour before that on their social side on course.

Her replacement there doesn't hurt the eyes either.

https://instagr.am/p/ByOCSbAl-xA
aggiedent
AG
Thank God TV's can still be muted and I can still walk away when they run a 5-10 minute non-golf segment.
Big Cat `93
AG
aggiedent said:

Thank God TV's can still be muted and I can still walk away when they run a 5-10 minute non-golf segment.
That's how I feel when I watch the Olympics.
The Milkman
AG

Yeah... disgusting. What an awful disgrace to have her on my TV screen for a couple minutes an hour during golf coverage. Give me a mans man like Roger Maltbie
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.