Shorts This Week On European Tour.

1,544 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by jja79
EKUAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
They are playing in South Africa. Was predicted to be 104 degrees today so the let the players where shorts if they wanted to. Only one that I saw on the coverage that didn't is the leader, Pablo Larrazabal from Spain.
aggiedent
AG
I love Leopard Creek CC. Awesome event.

It's wear not where.
Matsui
AG
Good for them.
EKUAg
AG
aggiedent said:

I love Leopard Creek CC. Awesome event.

It's wear not where.

Good old auto fill.
Obi Wan Ginobili
I think it's silly you can't wear shorts on the PGA tour.

If you want these guys to look mildly professional, I get that. Keep making them tuck their shirts in and don't let them wear their cap backwards. But forcing them to wear long pants? It's hot for most of the season

Also, it would be one more way which makes the players more relatable to the hacks watching them on TV.

If that isn't enough, toss out a sexism card since LPGA allows shorts.
DannyDuberstein
AG
I recall Fred Couples talking about wearing shorts to the driving range before his round at some blazing hot tournament. He was really just intending to wear them at the range, but depending on the reaction, potentially considering them for the round. But Pga officials jumped him right away. If I recall, he didn't even get the chance to hit any range balls wearing them.
EKUAg
AG
They have at least relented for practice rounds.
jja79
AG
They already look like NASCAR drivers or bowlers with all the advertising they wear. There's nothing professional looking about a PGA player.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.