UGA weekend?

2,858 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by CoppellAg93
Aggie95
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm an Ag living in obscurity here in GA. If anyone is making the trip and looking to fill out a group or tee time...I would be interested.
Rubble
AG
We already have 4 at Stone Mountain on Thursday at noon, but we might play Friday morning at the Georgia club, and at most only 2 of us will be playing so I'll let you know in a week or so what's been decided.
Aggie95
AG
thanks!
Aggie95
AG
Rubble
AG
I think we're going to play the UGA course Friday morning. Tee times open up a week ahead of time from what I can tell.
Westicles
AG
Not sure when they open exactly because the website is confusing, but I made a tee time 2 months out. Just paid the 4some and got an email confirmation the next day with an tee time.
Rubble
AG
Yeah, you can do it that way 8 days to 2 months in advance and have to pay in full. 7 days or less you do it through ezlinks like normal and don't have to pay until you get there.
jonj101
Myself and a Dawg buddy are making the trip to the game.

We're staying on the north side of Atlanta and will probably get a round in on Friday and/or Sunday
CoppellAg93
AG
I played the UGA course and The Georgia Club during Masters week - both are great courses but if you have to pick one, I'd go with The Georgia Club - beautiful course and awesome clubhouse/bar.
LHIOB
AG
Im playing Atlanta National on Thursday pending weather
Rubble
AG
Weather looks great as of right now for Thursday and Friday.
Rubble
AG
We have one spot left Friday morning at UGA if anyone is interested.
jonj101
Gonna do Stone Mountain Thursday afternoon.

Still considering possibilities for Friday/Sunday.
bcanales05
AG
Looks like I'm playing at St. Marlo on Friday morning.

What part of GA are you in? We might play on Sunday when we get back into the Atlanta area but were thinking of going to the Falcons game as we haven't been to the new stadium yet.

Anyone else taking in a game at the Mercedes Benz Stadium?
OutdoorAg2010
AG
We are playing Reynolds Lake Oconee Friday and then Stone Mountain Sunday mid morning. The Falcons game is tempting but we will probably play golf unless the weather or conditions aren't good. Looks like ticket prices aren't too bad. Would be nice to see the stadium
JYDog90
AG
LHIOB said:

Im playing Atlanta National on Thursday pending weather

I read this as Augusta National and:
1. Couldn't figure out why no one was making a big deal about it and thought they just didn't want to let it go to your head.
2. Have been thinking the last few days how I hope the weather holds out for you.
3. Wondered if you'd take any pictures.

So I came back today to see what happened...only to reread it and see it's Atlanta National.

I'm an idiot.
Formerly Willy Wonka
KC_Ag14
AG
Will be joining my UGA buddy at his club (Pinetree Country Club) in Marietta tomorrow afternoon. Had this trip circled for a while! Fingers crossed on the weather tomorrow... don't mind rain for the game.
CoppellAg93
AG
OutdoorAg2010 said:

We are playing Reynolds Lake Oconee Friday and then Stone Mountain Sunday mid morning. The Falcons game is tempting but we will probably play golf unless the weather or conditions aren't good. Looks like ticket prices aren't too bad. Would be nice to see the stadium
I'd be curious to hear your review of the course - we stayed at a lakehouse in that area and actually ate dinner at the resort there during Masters week. We originally were going to play one of the courses there but they jacked the rates up to $250+ that week.
jonj101
Stonemont course at Stone Mountain was nice - had to get accustomed to the way the greens broke despite the appearance.

Played Ashton Hills near Covington today, and I'll add it to my list of hidden gems. Played a number of holes that I immediately wanted to play again. Looked it up afterwards and it was designed by a renowned architect that I never heard of.
OutdoorAg2010
AG
We played the National Course at Lake Oconee and it was amazing! Everything was in pristine condition and greens were some of the fastest I've ever putted on. They have 3 nines out there so we got to play the Ridge and Bluff. We knew one of the pros out there so he got us on and actually played with us. Both had a lot of elevation changes from tee to green which was a lot of fun and presented great views especially on the Bluff side where the lake came in to play. All the fairways were tree lined but not too tight. You can definitely score out here but have to be consistent with your drive and have a slope range finder to help you out. The only groups around us were aggies too and they said they had a lot of aggies staying in the area and playing this week. I would definitely recommend playing this course or any of the others as from what I've been told by the pro, they're all in immaculate shape and really fun courses to play. We look forward to coming and playing some of the other if we get a chance in the future. We are playing the Lakemont course today at Stone Mountain, so looking forward to that!
Westicles
AG
UGA course was great. Very fast, very insulated bent grass greens that kicked our asses.

Stone Mountain was fun layout but the greens were slow and wildly inconsistent from hole to hole.
CoppellAg93
AG
OutdoorAg2010 said:

We played the National Course at Lake Oconee and it was amazing! Everything was in pristine condition and greens were some of the fastest I've ever putted on. They have 3 nines out there so we got to play the Ridge and Bluff. We knew one of the pros out there so he got us on and actually played with us. Both had a lot of elevation changes from tee to green which was a lot of fun and presented great views especially on the Bluff side where the lake came in to play. All the fairways were tree lined but not too tight. You can definitely score out here but have to be consistent with your drive and have a slope range finder to help you out. The only groups around us were aggies too and they said they had a lot of aggies staying in the area and playing this week. I would definitely recommend playing this course or any of the others as from what I've been told by the pro, they're all in immaculate shape and really fun courses to play. We look forward to coming and playing some of the other if we get a chance in the future. We are playing the Lakemont course today at Stone Mountain, so looking forward to that!
Glad you enjoyed it - thanks for the review.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.