Streamsong

2,559 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by cb1919
cb1919
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bouncing around different ideas for a golf trip next year with a few friends. I was trying for Bandon but doesn't look like it will work out.

Anyone done Streamsong? Thoughts?
1872walker
The golf is very good, especially in winter months.

But the report is expensive. The rooms are very nice and the rates reflect it. Decent bars. The restaurants aren't a good value at all and the quality is disappointing for the price you pay for the food.

To me it doesn't really have a buddies trip feel to it and would probably be better suited to a couples getaway or a corporate meeting place.

Still not a bad place to be in January. Just be prepared to spend a lot on property. If there's any way to get reserved tee times and stay off property, do it.

There's also good fishing in the lakes if you have any interest. But again, that's an add on and not cheap.
AustinCountyAg
I was kicking around the idea of Streamsong a few months ago, but everything I've read is the golf is great, but everything is very underwhelming and $$$.

Unless you have disposable income I'd look elsewhere for a buddy's trip.

edit: At this moment Branson is very high on my future golf trip destinations.
HouAggie
AG
Went with a group of 16 this past summer and loved it. Quiet, and cheap, b/c it's their off-season. The northerners we ran into weren't used to the heat/humidity, but it was nothing out of the ordinary for our group, so a good opportunity to go then and save some $$$. We played 36 a couple days. Aside from the booze prices, we all thought things were very reasonably priced, i.e. rooms and golf, even flights. But beer/cocktails were basically stadium prices. The courses are great. Black was my favorite, then Blue, then Red, but all are fun courses.

Would definitely recommend for a buddies trip...or couples trip or corporate event. We picked it for the golf and the cheap cost and I'm pretty confident everyone in our group would recommend it too.
Yesterday
AG
We're there once for our buddies trip in February. The prices for winter time were a bit much so we're staying off site and playing a few other courses around Orlando. We booked a nice Air BNB for 1/10 the price we would have had to pay for rooms there. Golf looks awesome.
Buford Tannen
AG
Headed there for a big corporate event next October. Looking forward to it.
cb1919
AG
Got suckered in by the golf package that included a Scotty Cameron and will be there at the end of the month.

We booked double bag caddie for each round. For those that have been and taken a caddie, what did you tip? The website says $90.00 + Gratuity, which is not helpful at all.
07fta07
AG
When we go to Pinehurst area it's usually $65 per person for a double bag caddie and we'll each tip $50-60.
cb1919
AG
That's about the tip I was expecting
G Martin 87
AG
Ask for Nate; he's a caddie at Streamsong. We played with him at Disney Oak Trail yesterday. Had a great time with him.
HouAggie
AG
We had a forecaddie per group and one of them was this guy.

https://golf.com/news/tournaments/tommy-fleetwood-money-arrives-thomas-bank-account/
AustinCountyAg
please report back on the trip. Me and a few buddies are looking to possibly go in June (cheaper rates) and most likely stay airbnb because of cost.
DallasAggie89
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

please report back on the trip. Me and a few buddies are looking to possibly go in June (cheaper rates) and most likely stay airbnb because of cost.

Got to think the nearest Airbnb would be 30 minutes away. Streamsong is literally in the middle of nowhere.
AustinCountyAg
Yes, most places are 35 miles or so from the resort, which is fine by us.

Driving 45 minutes is no big deal for us. Especially considering we can save damn near a thousand bucks each in relation to staying there at the resort.
cb1919
AG
The hotel and golf are absolutely incredible. I'll be honest if I were you I would just wait until you're ready to go all in and stay on property. It is worth it.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.