*** Staff... Can you please sticky this thread to the top so perhaps others over the next year can add to this info-thread and/or benefit from its info? Thank you!! ***

The misses and I and 2 sets of bro-in-laws and wives are making this trip in 2021 and the planning has already began, so any tips or any good info, groups, hospitality or other items that would help others out in this journey, then please add below.

I will try to add really good info or items that prove essential to a successful trip that other post below here in this thread, if possible and when time permits..... Hopefully Staff will sticky.

The very first thing I did was sign-up for as many notifications at The R&A website, joined the Open Club and signed up for the Group Hospitality inquiry requests..... These will allow for early purchases of round passes and potentially group rates and special access.

Since that point, I have received many emails updating on the 149th Open and some "look-aheads" of the 150th, including the first real step to assuring round access and tickets to what will be the hottest ticket ever in golf.

Below is the latest received from the Hospitality folks.... I am staying close to my guy, but I have deleted his name below as they are assigned to groups, so you may not necessarily be assigned the same guy.. Email here:

Good afternoon,

I hope this email finds you well!

My name is __________ and I work for the Hospitality team at The Open. Following your enquiry form submitted, I am here to help guide you and help you navigate what will be on offer at The 150th Open at St Andrews. That means making sure we find the most suitable event day experience for you and working within any budget you have.

What I have done for you is;

- I have registered your interest in 2021

- This gives you the ''early bird opportunity'' which is first access to tickets at a discounted price

- Hospitality is likely to go on sale towards the end of the year

Attached is this year brochure, have a good scan through it because it may just help you settle on the kind of event day experience you want.

What would be really helpful is if you had a rough idea of how many people you might want to bring, approximately how much you might want to spend per head and perhaps what your preferred day would be?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Xxxxxxxx

Xxxxxxx xxxx
Sales Executive

D: +44 (0)1334 xxxxxxx

RandA.org

TheOpen.com/hospitality

This email has been sent on behalf of The R&A. Its contents incorporate and are subject to our full email disclaimer which can be accessed by clicking here
Full Disclaimer.
----------

There are also R&A approved travel groups with packages that will go on sales soon.... We are trying to use points we have for hotels, so we may not use the approved travel companies. And, we are planning some time before or after in England, so much is still up in the air, but staring early.

I am sure many Ags and Texagers here can add much.

Thank you and hope to see you in Scotland!

_89