Sweetens Cove Golf Club

1,626 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by MAROON
AustinCountyAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I've been in Nashville area the past few days for a buddies golf weekend and we made the drive to Sweetens the other day. After following them on Instagram and reading many of the articles online about the course I was super pumped to play it.

It was definitely an experience on its own. Off the tee it's pretty forgiving but around the greens it is a complete *****. Greens were running around a 12/13 according to the general manager there. Words can't even describe just how undulating the greens were. They were insane. It's not even a place really worth keeping score on imo. Very gimicky, but it a fun way.

If someone were to show up not knowing anything about the course I could see how many would think it's clown golf. It's a very laid back place. Basically you make a tee time but you can play as fast or as slow as you want. Many guys play nine, leave and go get beer/eat/, etc in town then come back and play their second nine. I'll try and post pics later. Course was in perfect condition.

garym2001
AG
Course has a cult following with golf architecture nuts. Supposed to be great. Would love to play if I was ever in the area.
HouAggie
AG
Definitely on my near-term bucket list. I've heard nothing but good reviews.
NColoradoAG
Played it the week before the Clemson game and our afternoon there was probably the most fun ive ever had playing golf.

Did you play the hard pins or the easy ones?
AustinCountyAg
We played 18 so we played one flag the first nine and the second flag the second nine.

The "easier" flag was still hard and the "harder" flag was a *****
NColoradoAG
AustinCountyAg said:

We played 18 so we played one flag the first nine and the second flag the second nine.

The "easier" flag was still hard and the "harder" flag was a *****

We kept it simple and just played the easy ones both times around. I liked how you could use the green undulations in fun ways to get at those cups.
Quinn
AG
It's awesome. I made it out there summer 2018 and absolutely loved it. Can't wait to make it back out there sometime.
MAROON
AG
while you are in that area you should play the nine hole course at Sewanee:The University of the South. Not a bad track for a small liberal arts university.
What do you boys want for breakfast BBQ ?.....OK Chili.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.