Whispering Pines/The Spirit International

1,482 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by jonj101
Fish-N-Chips
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I saw that Whispering Pines is hosting an amateur event towards the end of the month. I've never even seen the course, and I would love to go out and walk it during an event. Does anyone know if this tournament is open to the public? I can't find anything online.
aggie0109
AG
It usually is open to the public.
garym2001
AG
It is open to the public and The Spirit is really cool. You should check it out.
Ag81Golf
Played WP a couple of weeks ago and the course was in great shape. It will be shut down in another month or two for renovations. Believe it will be closed for about a year.

Not sure if you will be able to get into the clubhouse during the event or not. If you can get in you need to see the photos of the former Spirit winners. Quite an impressive display of amatuer talent that went on to win on the PGA and LPGA tours.
Gig-Em2003
AG
Do it. It's a beautiful golf course and a beautiful walk.
jonj101
I went a few years ago and I plan on going again this year. Last time we met Mr. Robertson and some of his friends - they were very nice and seemed to be appreciative of people coming out to watch the event. There was no charge for entry and parking was pretty close/convenient to the main area.

It is a great course and very nice to walk. I've never had the opportunity to play it but I hopefully one day I will.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.