Holy Smokes! I won!

5,229 Views | 39 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by grego
ORAggieFan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Three of us tried and all struck out. Guessing they drop on stubhub in a few weeks/months after the panic dies down.
Front Range Ag
AG
I actually tried to purchase practice round tickets after the match day allotment was out.

I tried every practice day and got a message for each that the 'item was no longer available' even though the link was still active.

Such a let down...
JCA1
AG
Whoever thought this was a good way to distribute tickets needs to be buried alive in one of Whistling Straits many bunkers. I can't think of a better way to piss off your customers than to send apparently everyone an email suggesting they "won" and then make them sit at their computer staring at some stupid screen for hours with no realistic chance of actually getting tickets. Complete train wreck.
Front Range Ag
AG
And as soon as they announce the sell out, they announce that re-sell has immediately begun on the secondary market site.

Whose to say they didn't actually sell out of the tickets and are selling them on the other platform just to rake in more dough.
JCA1
AG
Saw somewhere where it was speculated that the "lottery" was just a ruse to collect millions of email addresses they could then market to and/or sell to other marketers. I'm guessing that's accurate. Complete d-bags.
grego
AG
https://www.golfdigest.com/story/upset-fans-share-frustrating-stories-about-trying-and-often-failing-to-buy-2020-ryder-cup-online?mbid=nl_101819_golfworld_AM
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.