houston open field

5,916 Views | 46 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by NColoradoAG
E
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Finally able to sit down and watch the open... the course does look like crap.

#11 tee box looks worse then a muni

Champ is the only "big name" that made the cut and is nowhere near contention. The tourney this year is a glorified web.com tourney. Next year can't get here fast enough with the remodeled Memorial and actual big names.
JYDog90
AG
E said:

Champ is the only "big name" that made the cut and is nowhere near contention. The tourney this year is a glorified web.com tourney. Next year can't get here fast enough with the remodeled Memorial and actual big names.
FIFY.

What makes you think that this field is going to be any better next year at the same time of year on a redone city muni?
Formerly Willy Wonka
07fta07
AG
How bad is the crowd? They can't even get people to show up in the 18th skybox and that's free beer and food.
snowaggie
The lack of names in the field seems at least a little odd because, marquee tournament or not, played on a cruddy course or not, there's $7.5 million begging to be won by someone(s). I bet the lesser players love a situation where there's all that payout, but the top players don't show.
Gig-Em2003
AG
willie wonka said:

E said:

FIFY.

What makes you think that this field is going to be any better next year at the same time of year on a redone city muni?

Read the thread. Try and keep up.
JYDog90
AG
Gig-Em2003 said:

willie wonka said:

E said:

FIFY.

Read the thread. Try and keep up.

Feel free to enlighten me.
Formerly Willy Wonka
Gig-Em2003
AG
I already did. Up to you from here on.
07fta07
AG
Gig-Em2003 said:

Are you referring to a bunch of promises for players to show up (which also happened this year and were broken)?
jonj101
Just tuned in on the golf channel. Sunday at a PGA tour event and it looks like that place is empty. Its almost like a Korn Ferry/Mackenzie event with a much higher pay day.

Kudos to the guys taking advantage.
JYDog90
AG
Gig-Em2003 said:

It's a 2-page thread. What are you talking about?
Formerly Willy Wonka
Mr.Bond
AG
First time in 20 years I didn't watch one single shot of the tournament..... Sad really. Horrid time slot
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

AustinCountyAg
Same here. Well, I watched maybe 6 shots total. What a joke of an event. Sucks because I love it that the Astros took it over, but with the Astros in the playoffs and college football, and Texans going on at same time the tournament is pretty much gunna suck attendance wise.

As far as next year goes, I doubt any big names boys come if it falls the same time as the Asian swing like this year.
NColoradoAG
Despite the weak field, my dad and I had a great time walking the course on Friday. Saw Champ hit a bunch of shots. Seemed Burgoon was always coming across our path too which was nice. Lots of concessions, decent food, and well placed restrooms. The back half of the day I was basically just walking from one concession stand to the next one I could see to refill my koozie. I hope it falls on the weekend we play Fresno next year.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.