For those who've played Pebble...

5,394 Views | 33 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Trucker 96
AustinCountyAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Is it actually worth the price? I've been lucky enough to play several great courses and the price while extremely high, seems small in comparison to the normal rack rate of Pebble.

I ask because I always see pics of people on the short par 3 and of 18, and a few other holes. The rest of the course to me seems to be just "okay"? Nothing really stands out.

I'm bored at work and just thinking about future bucket trip type of courses, and it has me wondering is Pebble really that great as a lot of people make it out to be?
DannyDuberstein
AG
Absolutely worth it. 4-10, 17, and 18 are all on the coast. Then 11 through 14ish are running parallel to 4-10 with no view obstruction, so the coast is still right there. We had the first tee time of the day both times I played it, and about the time we hit 4, it was fairly surreal. Just us and Pebble Beach. Then there is the golf history aspect - Jack, Tom Watson, and Tiger all won majors there.

Just ask Jack Nicklaus, "If I only had one more round to play in my life, I'd play it at Pebble Beach."
Yesterday
AG
Haven't played but I've already decided if I go I'll grab a tee time the day before with my dad or a good buddy and skip the hotel fee. You can also play spyglass at a twilight rate which is an exceptional value.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Yeah, you don't have to pay $3000 to play it. Both times I played I stayed in a regular hotel. Played on Wednesday both times, once in May and once in June. The August-October time frame tends to be busier, but April to June are all good months to play it and not sweat having to stay there to get a tee time if you are playing mid-week.
aggiedent
AG
Absolutely worth it. As a previous poster said, there are numerous holes with stunning views other than the par 3 (#7) and 18.

#8 is my favorite hole. Teeing off from the point of land jutting our into the ocean back along the coast. Second shot over the cliff to a tiny looking green way below you.

I play it every chance I get.
DadAG10
Went with 3 friends and our spouses. Stayed on property.
Played Pasatiempo on the way.

The history, atmosphere, and beauty would be hard to match anywhere, IMO.

Didn't play particularly well, but enjoyed every second.
Elmo Lincoln
AG
100% worth it. I'll be honest, they could charge even more and I'd still go play it again. I don't consider Pebble to be the world's best layout, but it's still damn good. Everything else about the place, the views, the history, the conditions, the service, etc. is pretty much perfect. Add it all together and you're experiencing the best that public golf has to offer.
ddub96
AG
I have played it multiple times and going back again in November. Absolutely worth it and it is a must play at least once. It will probably be a long round but the memories are incredible. The first tee at pebble and the first tee at The Old Course will cause more nerves than any shot you've ever hit.
belowpar
AG
ABSOLUTELY WORTH IT!

If you want to splurge a little, play in this tournament. Coolest thing I've ever done.

Dear Tournament Player:

Pebble Beach Resorts is pleased to invite you to participate in the 15th Annual New Year's Championship, December 30, 2019 January 1, 2020. This 36-hole competition is a two-person best ball format with prizes awarded to the top three teams in gross and net. This event is open to both men and women. If you need help finding a partner, let us know and we will match someone up with you. Mixed Division will be added if we have a minimum of fifteen mixed teams sign up.

Please find the official entry form attached which includes information regarding pricing, the schedule and package contents. See how to register below.
The New Year's Championship continues to be one of the most popular tournaments we do as we celebrate ringing in the new year. THEME for this year's party: Centennial Gala celebrate 100 years of Pebble Beach Resort . Every room will glitter with elegance that plays off of major anniversary milestones such as platinum, ruby, pearls and diamonds. Dress your best and let your own gemstones shine while you dance the night away,
The entry deadline is November 18, 2019.

• Hotel Accommodations:
The tournament office receives a large amount of ocean view requests each year. Please note that hotel and category preference (for example, Garden or Ocean) are not guaranteed. Suite upgrades are available; call for pricing.

• Practice Rounds:
Participants may play a complimentary practice round at either The Links at Spanish Bay or Del Monte Golf Course on Monday, December 30th. Players who would prefer to play at Spyglass Hill Golf Course on that Monday, December 30th instead, may do so at a reduced rate of $280 per player. Pebble Beach Golf Links will be offered at the standard rate of $550 per player on a space available basis. Additional rounds prior to December 30th or after January 1st will require an additional night stay. Practice rounds may be scheduled in advance through the tournament office only. Please note that PAID entries must be received before a practice round can be booked by ALL players in the twosome.

• How to Register:

To register, please complete our secure and convenient electronic entry form by clicking HERE. You will enter your email to access the entry form. Entries may also be faxed to (831) 625-8593 or emailed to danielsm@pebblebeach.com. If paying by check, please make the check payable to Pebble Beach Company and mail to: Pebble Beach Tournament Office, Margo Daniels, PO Box 658, Pebble Beach CA 93953. The cancellation deadline is November 18, 2019.

All extra golf and extra room nights will be paid in advance.

• Caddies: If you would like to take a caddie, you must book a caddie in advance by calling our Caddie Services Office at (831) 622-6162 or emailing pebble@caddiemaster.org Requests made on the day of play cannot be guaranteed. Single/Double caddies are $95 per bag plus gratuity, and a forecaddie (requires a min. of 3 players) is $47.50 per bag plus gratuity. Important: Players are not allowed to supply their own non-Pebble Beach Resorts' caddie. Players wishing to walk with their caddies please note: in the interest of pace of play and caddie health and safety, please travel with a single strap carry bag weighing 25 lbs. or less. If you can't, we may ask you to change out your bag at check-in.

• TRANSPORTATION: Transportation to and from Monterey Regional Airport (MRY) is complimentary for all Pebble Beach Resorts guests and must be scheduled in advance with our Transportation Department. Private transportation to and from Monterey Jet Centers, San Jose International Airport and San Francisco Airport can also be arranged by the Pebble Beach Transportation Department for a fee. Transportation price quotes and bookings can be made by calling (831) 647-7500 extension 7606. At least a 48-hour advanced notice is required for all bookings. For this event, it is recommended that you call with your transportation needs as soon as you have finalized your travel plans.

• XOJET: Through our partnership with XOJET, the leader in on-demand private aviation, we are proud to offer guests of Pebble Beach Resorts an elevated travel experience to and from the Monterey area including preferred rates into Monterey Jet Center. XOJET owns and operates the largest on-demand fleet of super mid-size jets in the US and partners with vetted, approved operators to offer access to 1,500 aircrafts across light, mid-size, super mid-size, and large cabin. For private air travel inquiries to Pebble Beach Resorts please call (855) 576-9696

• The Spa at Pebble Beach: Spa & Salon services may be booked by contacting (866) 993-6947.

Please contact Margo Daniels in the Pebble Beach Tournament Office at (831) 625-8556 with any questions or email: danielsm@pebblebeach.com

We look forward to hearing back from you to confirm your participation in this event!

Warm regards,
Margo

Margo Daniels
Assistant Tournament Director
Pebble Beach Company
Post Office Box 658
Pebble Beach, CA 93953
Office: 831-625-8556
Fax: 831-625-8593
Cell: 831-277-7773
Email: danielsm@pebblebeach.com
Web: www.pebblebeach.com

PLAY one round each at
Pebble Beach Golf Links and
The Links at Spanish Bay

RECEIVE special amenities
One complimentary practice round at either
The Links at Spanish Bay or Del Monte Golf Course (December 30th)
Ticket to New Year's Eve Centennial at The Inn at Spanish Bay
Two additional food and beverage functions
Tee package for each player
Awards for top three teams in each flight

STAY December 30, 2019- January 1, 2020
Two nights at The Inn at Spanish Bay
$2,700 per player (single occupancy)
$2,275 per player (double occupancy)
$450 per player's spouse or additional non-golfing guest
*Components of this package deal cannot be purchased separately. Upgrades, additional nights and practice
rounds are available upon request. Please inquire at time of booking. Incidental charges must be paid with cashor major credit card upon departure.
Rubble
AG
It's worth every penny plus some. I played last June, and played like ****, but I didn't care.

Jack is not kidding when he says the best approach in all of golf is #8. You can't find anything like it in the world.
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace
belowpar said:

ABSOLUTELY WORTH IT!

If you want to splurge a little, play in this tournament. Coolest thing I've ever done.

Dear Tournament Player:

Pebble Beach Resorts is pleased to invite you to participate in the 15th Annual New Year's Championship, December 30, 2019 January 1, 2020. This 36-hole competition is a two-person best ball format with prizes awarded to the top three teams in gross and net. This event is open to both men and women. If you need help finding a partner, let us know and we will match someone up with you. Mixed Division will be added if we have a minimum of fifteen mixed teams sign up.

Please find the official entry form attached which includes information regarding pricing, the schedule and package contents. See how to register below.
The New Year's Championship continues to be one of the most popular tournaments we do as we celebrate ringing in the new year. THEME for this year's party: Centennial Gala celebrate 100 years of Pebble Beach Resort . Every room will glitter with elegance that plays off of major anniversary milestones such as platinum, ruby, pearls and diamonds. Dress your best and let your own gemstones shine while you dance the night away,
The entry deadline is November 18, 2019.

• Hotel Accommodations:
The tournament office receives a large amount of ocean view requests each year. Please note that hotel and category preference (for example, Garden or Ocean) are not guaranteed. Suite upgrades are available; call for pricing.

• Practice Rounds:
Participants may play a complimentary practice round at either The Links at Spanish Bay or Del Monte Golf Course on Monday, December 30th. Players who would prefer to play at Spyglass Hill Golf Course on that Monday, December 30th instead, may do so at a reduced rate of $280 per player. Pebble Beach Golf Links will be offered at the standard rate of $550 per player on a space available basis. Additional rounds prior to December 30th or after January 1st will require an additional night stay. Practice rounds may be scheduled in advance through the tournament office only. Please note that PAID entries must be received before a practice round can be booked by ALL players in the twosome.

• How to Register:

To register, please complete our secure and convenient electronic entry form by clicking HERE. You will enter your email to access the entry form. Entries may also be faxed to (831) 625-8593 or emailed to danielsm@pebblebeach.com. If paying by check, please make the check payable to Pebble Beach Company and mail to: Pebble Beach Tournament Office, Margo Daniels, PO Box 658, Pebble Beach CA 93953. The cancellation deadline is November 18, 2019.

All extra golf and extra room nights will be paid in advance.

• Caddies: If you would like to take a caddie, you must book a caddie in advance by calling our Caddie Services Office at (831) 622-6162 or emailing pebble@caddiemaster.org Requests made on the day of play cannot be guaranteed. Single/Double caddies are $95 per bag plus gratuity, and a forecaddie (requires a min. of 3 players) is $47.50 per bag plus gratuity. Important: Players are not allowed to supply their own non-Pebble Beach Resorts' caddie. Players wishing to walk with their caddies please note: in the interest of pace of play and caddie health and safety, please travel with a single strap carry bag weighing 25 lbs. or less. If you can't, we may ask you to change out your bag at check-in.

• TRANSPORTATION: Transportation to and from Monterey Regional Airport (MRY) is complimentary for all Pebble Beach Resorts guests and must be scheduled in advance with our Transportation Department. Private transportation to and from Monterey Jet Centers, San Jose International Airport and San Francisco Airport can also be arranged by the Pebble Beach Transportation Department for a fee. Transportation price quotes and bookings can be made by calling (831) 647-7500 extension 7606. At least a 48-hour advanced notice is required for all bookings. For this event, it is recommended that you call with your transportation needs as soon as you have finalized your travel plans.

• XOJET: Through our partnership with XOJET, the leader in on-demand private aviation, we are proud to offer guests of Pebble Beach Resorts an elevated travel experience to and from the Monterey area including preferred rates into Monterey Jet Center. XOJET owns and operates the largest on-demand fleet of super mid-size jets in the US and partners with vetted, approved operators to offer access to 1,500 aircrafts across light, mid-size, super mid-size, and large cabin. For private air travel inquiries to Pebble Beach Resorts please call (855) 576-9696

• The Spa at Pebble Beach: Spa & Salon services may be booked by contacting (866) 993-6947.

Please contact Margo Daniels in the Pebble Beach Tournament Office at (831) 625-8556 with any questions or email: danielsm@pebblebeach.com

We look forward to hearing back from you to confirm your participation in this event!

Warm regards,
Margo

Margo Daniels
Assistant Tournament Director
Pebble Beach Company
Post Office Box 658
Pebble Beach, CA 93953
Office: 831-625-8556
Fax: 831-625-8593
Cell: 831-277-7773
Email: danielsm@pebblebeach.com
Web: www.pebblebeach.com

PLAY one round each at
Pebble Beach Golf Links and
The Links at Spanish Bay

RECEIVE special amenities
One complimentary practice round at either
The Links at Spanish Bay or Del Monte Golf Course (December 30th)
Ticket to New Year's Eve Centennial at The Inn at Spanish Bay
Two additional food and beverage functions
Tee package for each player
Awards for top three teams in each flight

STAY December 30, 2019- January 1, 2020
Two nights at The Inn at Spanish Bay
$2,700 per player (single occupancy)
$2,275 per player (double occupancy)
$450 per player's spouse or additional non-golfing guest
*Components of this package deal cannot be purchased separately. Upgrades, additional nights and practice
rounds are available upon request. Please inquire at time of booking. Incidental charges must be paid with cashor major credit card upon departure.
This is how you humblebrag.
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
AG
That two day tournament deal is about the same cost as going with TMF to an away FB game

Just sayin
AG
No. Too expensive.
19AG84
AG
I have played there twice. I had a great time. Spyglass Hill is a better course. Not as much history, but a better course at about half the price.
aginlakeway
AG
AggieDruggist89 said:

No. Too expensive.

I've seen people spend a lot more for a lot less for a vacation.
"I'm sure that won't make a bit of difference for those of you who enjoy a baseless rage over the decisions of a few teenagers."
aginlakeway
AG
I've played Pebble twice. Once for my 25th birthday for $225. Once for my 50th birthday for $525. I wouldn't pay to play it again.

If you haven't played it, no brainer ... do it.
"I'm sure that won't make a bit of difference for those of you who enjoy a baseless rage over the decisions of a few teenagers."
Rubble
AG
19AG84 said:

I have played there twice. I had a great time. Spyglass Hill is a better course. Not as much history, but a better course at about half the price.

Spyglass is $395, not exactly a bargain, but I do agree with you that it's a better golf course overall.
AggieDruggist89
AG
aginlakeway said:

AggieDruggist89 said:

No. Too expensive.

I've seen people spend a lot more for a lot less for a vacation.

Of course, there are idiots everywhere. Spent $1000 to play Pebble and Spyglass. Not ever doing that again. No public golf is worth that, for me. Can't speak for others.
Gig-Em2003
AG
19AG84 said:

Maybe it's a better course from a design perspective. But I remember every single hole at Pebble and almost every shot I hit the last time I played it two years ago. I don't remember anything about Spyglass other than the first four holes.
terradactylexpress
Put me in the worth it category, is very expensive but the entire experience is amazing
19AG84
AG
LantanaAg said:

19AG84 said:

Spyglass is $395, not exactly a bargain, but I do agree with you that it's a better golf course overall.
I played with a member, so the price was cheaper. Now the Memberships have all been revoked (lease ran out) and the jacked the prices up. But $395 is still cheaper than $500/550 at Pebble.
BigHitterDaLama
From the day we played

and Spyglass:

Hanrahan
AG
I don't think I would do it again. Spyglass is incredible but pebble is just ok outside of the ocean holes. Spanish bay course is bad, but looks pretty. I think $650 plus caddie grat is ridiculous, not to mention the cost of rooms.

It's worth doing once so you can say you have done it, but it didn't have a lot of replay value to me. Bandon on the other hand, I've now done four times and can't wait to go back for a fifth.
Leander - Ag
AG
Went to the US open this year. It's amazing
AggieDruggist89
AG
Hanrahan said:

I don't think I would do it again. Spyglass is incredible but pebble is just ok outside of the ocean holes. Spanish bay course is bad, but looks pretty. I think $650 plus caddie grat is ridiculous, not to mention the cost of rooms.

It's worth doing once so you can say you have done it, but it didn't have a lot of replay value to me. Bandon on the other hand, I've now done four times and can't wait to go back for a fifth.

Agreed.

Now on Bandon, I've been fortunate to have been a part of golf outing with a group of friends from Coos Bay since 2000. I may have missed a few years including this year but we try to get a round or 2 in every year.

I really don't enjoy coastal links golf and have been known to call Bandon Mickey Mouse golf. Be that as it may, we played 4 rounds (all courses) and 2 nights stay at the lodge for $475 early this January.

Pebble at $550 vs Bandon? No comparison. Bandon is the better golf venue for me.
AustinCountyAg
AggieDruggist89 said:

Hanrahan said:

Be that as it may, we played 4 rounds (all courses) and 2 nights stay at the lodge for $475 early this January.

Can you provide for info? was this a package rate? special promo? Thats a killer price and may need to book this for myself
Yesterday
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

AggieDruggist89 said:

Hanrahan said:

Be that as it may, we played 4 rounds (all courses) and 2 nights stay at the lodge for $475 early this January.

Can you provide for info? was this a package rate? special promo? Thats a killer price and may need to book this for myself

100 round green fee, $50 replay at another course. $300/golf and $175 split rooms lodging. Bandon in January/February is stupid value.
AggieDruggist89
AG
03ki11erAG said:

AustinCountyAg said:

AggieDruggist89 said:

Hanrahan said:

100 round green fee, $50 replay at another course. $300/golf and $175 split rooms lodging. Bandon in January/February is stupid value.

Spot on. Weather is 50/50. But even then, worst you will get is rain and 50 degrees.
AggieDruggist89
AG
It will probably cost you more for the flight and rental car. My house in Northern Cal is 4.5 hours from Bandon. So buddies from Sacramento drove up and we loaded up our minivan and drove up to tee off at Noon. 2nd day, getting in 36 is dicey because of daylight is short.

Read that food wasn't good.. Go to Coos Bay or Bandon pier and you should be able to find good food.
randy828
AG
Worth it! Myself and 3 buddies played Spyglass (kicked our butzs) and Pebble Beach.

What I love to do is watch the pros playing it and say, I remember that hole! To me 5-10 were all amazing and 18 view ...man...really cool to do it at least once.
I was in the room here one day... watchin' the Mexican channel on TV. I don't know nothin' about Pele. I'm watchin' what this guy can do with a ball and his feet. Next thing I know, he jumps in the air and flips into a somersault and kicks the ball in - upside down and backwards... the dang (sc) goalie never knew what the hell hit him. Pele gets excited and he rips off his jersey and starts running around the stadium waving it around his head. Everybody's screaming in Spanish. I'
cb1919
AG
I thought I would bring this back, instead of starting a new thread. I am playing Pebble and Spy Glass in September (hopefully Corona is long gone by then). For those that have played them, is the caddie worth it for your first time?
Rubble
AG
cb1919 said:

I thought I would bring this back, instead of starting a new thread. I am playing Pebble and Spy Glass in September (hopefully Corona is long gone by then). For those that have played them, is the caddie worth it for your first time?

In my opinion, absolutely. If for nothing else, the safe play options and green reading on every hole saved me at least 10 strokes.
claybot
AG
Last August I took a caddy on Pebble but not on Spyglass. I would do it that way again. It's definitely worth having a caddy on Pebble just so you can enjoy the walk and take lots of photos. Not to mention the green reading.

Also, if you can make Pasatiempo part of your trip too it's absolutely worth it!

TMfrisco
AG
It is worth it one time.
Trucker 96
I had one the first time which was worth it. Skipped it the 2nd time.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.