Hot Springs, AR - Best Course?

1,406 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by aggiehunter3
oldag00
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm headed to Hot Springs, Arkansas in a couple of weeks for a long weekend. Tell me about your experiences with golf near there. What are the must play courses?
AggieDruggist89
AG
Hot Springs Village.

Best course is Diamante, followed by Granada, Isabella, Ponce De Leon, Magellan, Balboa, Cortez and then De Soto... In that order.

Diamante is a private within HSV.
tamu2009
AG
Pretty much echo that spot on. At least a few years ago, Diamante was ClubCorp. It's a great track. Lots of great golf in HSV.
Big Shoulders
Ditto
Wicked Good Ag
Echo the above although I am partial to Isabella over Granada as my parents moved there and mom lives on Isabella.
Granada has some nice looking holes early on.

I personally like Magellan over Ponce but most people would say otherwise.
Nothing outside of the Village is worth playing in the area IMO
Shelton98
AG
Wicked Good Ag said:

Echo the above although I am partial to Isabella over Granada as my parents moved there and mom lives on Isabella.

Probably been 20+ years ago since I played it .. but there used to be a course in Glenwood that was awesome, and not very far from Hot Springs. It had bent grass greens and big fans around every green to keep them alive in the heat of the summer. Does it still exist?
AggieDruggist89
AG
Wicked Good Ag said:

Many rate ponce and balboa ahead of Magellan. I like Magellan better than both but ponce is a better course.
tkAg11
AG
Glenwood is still around - played there a month ago. Its a fun track but not on the same quality level as the HSV courses. I was in HSV last week and the courses were in good shape. Diamante and Grenada were great. Isabella's greens were a little torn up from the heat. But all in all it was a lot of fun.
oldag00
AG
I appreciate the insight offered already. Any thoughts on Diamond Head or Hot Springs CC?
aggiehunter3
AG
I was in HSV a couple of weeks ago for my annual guy's golf trip. I agree with others that Diamante is the best course. Can't get enough of those zoysia fairways and bent grass greens. If you are a member at a club, have your pro reach out, and Diamante will accomodate a tee time (after 2:00). It was only $100, so well worth it. I would rank Granada 2nd, followed by Cortez, and then Isabella. We were a little disappointed in Isabella, when we played. The greens were by far more chewed up than the others we played.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.