Golf Balls

2,161 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Austintm
AggieOC
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I am new to the game of golf. I see ads for Vice golf balls. Does anyone recommend these or a good golf ball that's good for beginners? I loose 4-6 golf balls on average each time my son and I golf.
ThreatLevel: Midnight
AG
Lostgolfballs.com
Thanks & Gig 'Em
bodaciousbood14
AG
I found a Vice golf ball laying on the first tee box of a round I played two weeks ago which is all that should tell you about the quality of that golf ball.

I also found one of those matte red colored Bridgestone balls that added 15 yds to my very next drive.

Outside of that, lostgolfballs.com or any Academy or PGA Superstore has bags of water balls for cheap.
Yesterday
AG
They're decent balls. They're worth the price. They're not tour ball quality according to several independent reviews. Sounds like you'd benefit from some cheap used balls at lostgolfballs.com
Aggieangler93
AG
I'd also check craigslist and offerup in your area. Sometimes you find folks living right off a course, that will sell 5 gallon buckets of unsorted balls to make side money. I looked for these a lot when my son was first learning.
Class of '93 - proud Dad of a '22 grad and a '26 student!
austinag1997
AG
My recommendation is to minimize your cost. As a beginner, you are bound to lose a few balls on every course. Penalty balls cost $. Try playing cheap balls until you get to the point you get proficient.
98Ag99Grad
AG
If you're going through a dozen balls every couple of rounds I'd start out on the lower end. There are some good Bridgestone balls for around $25 a dozen. You could also try Snell. It's a direct to customer brand but better than Vice IMO.
LHIOB
AG
Play what you find.
BTD
bodaciousbood14 said:

I found a Vice golf ball laying on the first tee box of a round I played two weeks ago which is all that should tell you about the quality of that golf ball.

I also found one of those matte red colored Bridgestone balls that added 15 yds to my very next drive..

Huh?
Austintm
Grab balls (and gloves) at Costco. I haven't used the balls from there but have seen good reviews, and the prices are good
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.