New Braunfels/Canyon Lake

2,490 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by mazag08
TX_Aggie37
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looking for a decent course around the New Braunfels/Canyon Lake area for a twilight round Friday. Couple of buddies and I are heading into town for a concert this weekend and want to try and get a round in Friday afternoon/evening. Staying right on the lake so preferably close to there if possible. TIA
SquirrellyDan
AG
Landa Park is your best and closest option.
bbry81
Landa park, the bandit I actually played a course called kissing tree that's up hunter road towards San Marcos
That was really nice as well.
BEaggie08
AG
https://www.vaalercreekgolfclub.com/
GCP12
AG
I haven't played any others in the area, but the bandit is an awesome course
C ROC N
The Bandit!!
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
BEaggie08 said:

https://www.vaalercreekgolfclub.com/
Played there recently for the first time and it was in really great condition. And it kicked my ass. Still enjoyable despite that.
TX_Aggie37
AG
Group decided to play Lakeside in Canyon Lake. Any thoughts on that course? Very cheap, so I would assume it's not kept up as well as some of the others mentioned.
MAROON
AG
TX_Aggie37 said:

Group decided to play Lakeside in Canyon Lake. Any thoughts on that course? Very cheap, so I would assume it's not kept up as well as some of the others mentioned.
Actually played there many moons ago for my bachelor party weekend.

they were good sports. we had three groups of four and the let us have a cart girl with a keg who kept us filled up with beer the entire round.

and yes, it was not in good shape; but it was perfect for what we were doing.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
TX_Aggie37 said:

We were members out there a long time ago when they were trying to generate traffic. Was there a couple of years ago and it will be a little rough. Greens are pretty small and elevated. Shouldn't be a lot of traffic and for guys just hanging out to play some golf and low expectations it won't be too bad.
TX_Aggie37
AG
Thanks for the feedback. We have a 5-some after a last minute addition and sounds like they were perfectly fine with it so good start. As long as there is cold beer I'm never going to ***** about conditions too much, so sounds like it'll be perfect for what we are doing: golf, fantasy draft, float the river, Pat Green Saturday night. Hungover drive home Sunday.
BEaggie08
AG
TX_Aggie37 said:

Thanks for the feedback. We have a 5-some after a last minute addition and sounds like they were perfectly fine with it so good start. As long as there is cold beer I'm never going to ***** about conditions too much, so sounds like it'll be perfect for what we are doing: golf, fantasy draft, float the river, Pat Green Saturday night. Hungover drive home Sunday.
It's cheap and you can have a good time (drinking beer and cutting up with friends), but it isn't a course that I'd recommend to anyone who wants to have a good golf experience. It also sounds like it'll be the closest course for you guys - so that's a good fit. Have fun!
G Martin 87
AG
Watch where you step. Lots of deer around Canyon Lake.
mazag08
AG
G Martin 87 said:

Watch where you step. Lots of deer around Canyon Lake.
True story..

My dad was teeing off one time on a hole with a long, narrow tee box at the Canyon Lake course. I was maybe 8 years old. At the end of the tee box was a deer, just standing there. I asked my dad if I should scare it away and he said "nah, I wont hit it". Well sure enough, he hit the lowest bullet shot possible and nailed the deer directly in the middle of the torso. The poor thing jumped about 10 feet in the air and then took of running faster than I've ever seen. I always suspected that it went and laid down and died in the woods. If you can imagine being nailed in the stomach with a golf ball from someone teeing off maybe 10-15 yards away.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.